Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,536   Posts: 1,572,736   Online: 778

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Encino, New Mexico

I've passed through this town several times. This time I brought my Mamiya and some T-max 100. This place is begging for b&w photos. It's a living ghost town, not turned into a tourist trap like Madrid and Golden. Lots of abandoned buildings in various states of decay. I didn't have much time but I'm definitely going back there. I got pictures of the "Cafe Soon".

Take US 285 south from Interstate 40. It's the first town you come to.

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I drove through there about 3 years ago and stopped to photograph a particular abandoned house that backed up to the train tracks. I didn't use the tripod because I wanted to shoot fast and go undetected. The town isn't completely abandoned, and I wasn't sure if I was trespassing. Anyway, the motion blur from handholding slow film pretty well killed the result. Next time I'm in the area, I plan to knock on doors, ask permission, use a tripod, and spend a lot more time.
    Jacob

Images
    SOunds cool I will put it on the list of places to go.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin