Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,471   Posts: 1,570,922   Online: 773

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Datchet, Berkshire UK- about 20 miles west of London
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well its kind of hard to be definitive since you don't say where you're going,when, or what kind of subject you are likely to photograph and these all affect the answer I'd give.

If I had to generalise, it would be along the lines that cities and villages will often suit b&w better; the countryside- especially in northern Italy- will look better to me in colour. If you're going to be in southern Tuscany; the Cinque Terre; the Lakes, you'll miss a lot without colour film in my view.

I photograph b&w and colour slides in parallel just with different backs. I've made my share of mistakes whilst assembling the disciplines to do this, but its helped by the fact that only rarely do I try to photograph any scene/ or at any location in both media.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We would start in Venice to Florence the hill cities of the Cinque Terre then south to Rome etc. including many cities and sites. I have my plan and she has hers, somewhere in between we will meet. I like Art and Architecture with History. I think she will too but each persons experiences are different. We have a lot of planning to do yet.

Curt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marco, I just went to the site you reference and I was surprised at the diversity of subject matter there, all in Italy.

Thanks Marco and Arigram, and discipline it is.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt
    We would start in Venice to Florence the hill cities of the Cinque Terre then south to Rome etc [...]
    Curt
    Curt,
    my parents live in Cinque Terre (Riomaggiore) and there is where I spent my childhood. If you need any help for planning just PM me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin