Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,548   Posts: 1,573,024   Online: 864

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The four sisters are coming down!

The four sisters are actually four smoke stacks for the local coal power generation plant (Lakeview Generating Station in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada) that is being de-commisioned. Ontario Power Generation have scheduled June 12 as the date they will detonate blasts to bring down the "Four Sisters."

Official activites commence at 7am on the R.K. McMillan Headland at Lakefront Promenade Park.

The detonations are scheduled (weather permitting) to occur at 7:30am with the stacks coming down from east to west.

The entrance to Lakefront Promendade Park will be closed from 6:30am until after the demolition.

I'm thinking a 24 exposure roll of HP5+ and the 2 fps winder for my ME Super will do nicely.

Dave
    "...slow down and start using photography to create an image, not just capture one." b.e.wilson

"Speed kills, Del" Johnny Fever

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Demolition of large structures may take a significant amount of seconds. Go for a 36 exp. roll.
    Actually if you have axcess to a second camera + winder; go with 2x36, sequentially.

And don't forget to post pictures.

-- MW
    Men, said the Devil, are good to their brothers: they don’t want to mend their own ways, but each others.
    -- Piet Hein

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Good job for a 70mm Hulcher and a 300mm Xenar.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin