Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,186   Online: 1106

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We had fun, we hiked and shot an area called Bear Cave which is a lot like the Rocktown area we have gone to on a Georgia Apug gathering except theres no hike to get to it. You guys have it so easy!
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A few months out of date here, but wanted to drop a note.

Bruce, who responded in an earlier post, lives not far from me. I'm in Fayetteville. There are several other shooters here in town who have expressed interest in getting together. Bruce and I shoot together as often as we can.

I would be MORE than happy to meet Tulsa folks for some street shooting, as time permits of course. Ditto any others who are within reach of the NWA region.
    Black & White's Right

Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    I'll be wending my way to Arkansas next week, hope to be in the Little Rock area by the 24th or 25th and out to Petit Jean on the 26th and 27th for a family reunion. I'll be bringing my LF gear with me, anyone in the area game for a visit? I have family in Jacksonville and Conway I'll be visiting.
    Near Conway is a great little town called (and don't ask me if I am kidding, it is true), "Toad Suck Ferry". The Arkansas river (I think that's it) over there is beautiful and the lock and dam and highway over it are very majestic in their symetry. It makes for some interesting industrial shooting if you are into that. About 15 minutes away from Conway.

--Jeffrey Steinberg
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Toad Suck. Bald Knob. Lots of funny names.

Not a bad state to be in, persistent bad reputation aside. Like anyplace, really.

Black & White's Right

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hither

Not a bad state to be in, persistent bad reputation aside. Like anyplace, really.

Used to live in Fayetteville, other funny place names are Smackover, Greasy Corner. Hogeye, and Ink. Now live in Florida which also has some interesting names like Two Egg and Yeehaw Junction.

Quote Originally Posted by hither

As my good friend in Arkansas says (when we were talking about education/graduation rates), "Thank god for Mississippi"
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Arkansas sucks. Stay away at all costs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Koch
    Used to live in Fayetteville, other funny place names are Smackover, Greasy Corner. Hogeye, and Ink. Now live in Florida which also has some interesting names like Two Egg and Yeehaw Junction.

How ironic - I moved to Arkansas... from Florida. Florida's great - if they'd get rid of the tourists, I'd move back.

Maybe.

Nah...
    Black & White's Right

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Appel
    Arkansas sucks. Stay away at all costs.
    Shut yer gob. Aren't you in NM yet? I tawt you was leaving already.

Black & White's Right

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey A. Steinberg
    Near Conway is a great little town called (and don't ask me if I am kidding, it is true), "Toad Suck Ferry". The Arkansas river (I think that's it) over there is beautiful and the lock and dam and highway over it are very majestic in their symetry. It makes for some interesting industrial shooting if you are into that. About 15 minutes away from Conway.

--Jeffrey Steinberg
    I know about that, my brother lives in Conway, so I went out to see the place. I remember actually being there when I was very young and the ferry was still running.
    Gary Beasley

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin