Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,825   Online: 843

Shooter
    35mm

Birmingham, Alabama

Hello there!

I am currently a professional (editorial) photographer who's about to become an amateur photographer. Long story short, I'm going back to school. Anyway, I'm very interested in exploring large format. I'm especially interested in 8x10 and 4x10. It seems eveyone goes from 35mm to MF to 4x5 and so on, I'd just like to skip right to 4x10 and 8x10.

So is there anyone active in or around Birmingham, Alabama, that's willing to share some information and wisdom? I haven't done any LF work since college, and that was very limited and in 4x5. Like I said, I'm wanting to learn and explore and maybe look at some gear. (Geez, if this weren't a photography forum, this post might start sounding a little strange... )

Thanks a bunch,
    Blake

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Blake,

Welcome from Hawaii. You won't find any shortage of people shooting 8x10 or larger here, although I don't have any interest in it myself (I shoot exclusively 4x5). I'm sure you will enjoy APUG, it is a wonderful place to be.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin