Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,742   Online: 954

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Zion is on fire

Shooter
    Large Format
    I think the four seasons in utah are:
    1 snow
    2 flash flood
    3 wild fire
    4 earthquake
    I do love it here, pepole come from all over to shoot here. I just laugh when I hear local photographers say there is nothing to see here.
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nothing to shoot there?!? Now there's a group who have been spoiled by their surroundings.

Try some of Atlanta's best strip malls, if anyone gets tired of the riches of red rock country.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner
    LOL I'm really sorry you moved before we had a chance to meet.
    I manged to hang around a little bit with Robert Hall and Michael Slade. In fact, half of my woodshop is now in Robert's garage. It was very nice of him to offer to store all that stuff for me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bad news....the winds have kicked up about 1/2 hour ago, and the containment they had on the fire near St. George has broken loose. Only saving grace is there is a herendous thunderstorm coming in as well. It might help to kill the fire if it actually rains. The winds are hitting near 45 mph. My neighbor is on the fire department part time, and was just called in to the fire. He also got word to ask his day job boss if he could be spared for a few days. He asked us if we were able to spare any time to help in any way we could with the fire. They need people to do such things as cook and deliver food and water to the fire fighters. I'm going there now for the evening. Check back later.

I have no idea what this did to the North Rim fire, It was almost contained, but these winds are wicked. I went outside and it nearly had me on my knees it was blowing so hard. I guess my town of Hurricane is living up to it's name again.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck Aggie and be safe!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Fires

Aggie, please keep checking in on this one. After having seen a similar scenario for two seasons back to back here, all I can say is good luck.

We're finally getting a rainy season this year, I hope (fingers crossed). Since last fall, we've had .72" of rain. That is less than an inch since september of '05. So dry now the prickly pear cactus are dying in some locations. Humidity has been down to 4% this spring and into summer, dry as a popcron *art here.

Attached is a (lousy) scan of a slide taken a couple of years back. Sky crane dumping on an edge which was headed down-slope into a developed area in the foothills, just north of town (near Ventana canyon). Prayers for rain, tim
    Last edited by noseoil; 09-16-2007 at 08:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got home about an hour ago. Well the monsoon season is starting here. Must be all the smoke in the air, since we only had a 30% chance of rain. Instead we got a deluge. I didn't even have to do my naked rain dance! You would have had to be there to see grown men getting down on their knees crying while looking heavenward. The fire is not totally out, but it is contained. I could kick myself, I left even my digigizmo at home. I left to fast to think about it. Well time for bed.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great news Aggie. It must have been quite a night. I was watching reports on the news and it looked crazy. One firefighter commented on how he had never seen trees in the midst of a huge rock face bursting into flames before. I remember that road well from Jacob Lake to the North Rim.. sad to think of it all ablaze. Hoping the rains continue.

Thanks for the reports and glad you are safe.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does Michael Fatali have an alibi for when the fires started?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very good news! Thank you for the update.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin