Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,388   Online: 786

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any suggestions on where to stay in that area? Is it possible to drive half of the highway on one day, stay somewhere in the middle, then the 2nd half the next day? Or should I drive it in one day with some stopping, then spend time in both jasper and banff at each end before heading back? I would rather spend more time on one thing than shortchange all 3.

allan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anyone? Suggestions on where to stay?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    There are numerous campgrounds along Hwy 93, and there's also the NumTiJah Lodge, right by Bow Lake. I'll warn you now, it's quite expensive.

They have some absolutely stunning artwork in the dining room :rolleyes:

Regardless of where you stay, you'll have to make reservations ahead of time. Check out http://www.num-ti-jah.com/, and http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/ab/jasper/visit/index_e.asp for more information.
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fantastic advice. I'm going to Banff and Lake Louise for a fortnight's skiing end February, beginning of March, and hope to take a few days off for photography. How much light will there be at that time of the year? I'm used to the cold and the dark, I live 60deg north in Norway.

DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | DIY 6x24 anarmorphic pinhole | Pentax' SV & SP 1000 | Rolleiflex | Kalloflex | Weltix | Royal 35-M | Leica M4-2 | Polaroid 250 | Polaroid 110A / 600SE conversion | DIY Polaroid View | DUO Polaroid TLR | Vito CL | Pentacon SIX | Kiev 6C | Canon EF | Mamiya 1000s

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stay in Canmore which is about 15minutes East of Banff and outside the park. Canmore is just a little quieter, tons of very good restaurants and accommodation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In February the sun should rise about 7:30am and set about 6pm. There are a lot of photo opportunities close around the Lake Louise ski area.

Gord

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin