Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,597   Online: 849

Thread: Newfoundland

Shooter
    Multi Format

Newfoundland

Hey guys, I will be going to St. John's, Newfoundland in mid August and I was wondering what areas are worthwhile visiting.

Many thanks.
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh
    Hey guys, I will be going to St. John's, Newfoundland in mid August and I was wondering what areas are worthwhile visiting.
    Wow Dinesh... Anywhere. It is on my list of paces to explore more fully. There are a couple recent favorite movies that give a flavor of the place. "Rare Birds" with William Hurt and "The Shipping News" with Kevin Spacey". Both nice slice of life flicks that show a fair amount of the land in them.

Have a blast!

Bill

Many thanks.
    On the southeast there's Cape St Marys.

Any chance of getting to Gros Morne on the west side?
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, wow. Have a good time.

http://www.newfoundlandandlabradorto...om/welcome.zap

Flying or driving ???
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Images
    There was/is a Newfie APUGer. If she sees this, she can probably give you all the info you need.

Several years ago. I drove around Nova Scotia and it was like being in a 3D postcard. I've heard that Newfoundland is that, even more so.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was in Newfoundland last year, Gros morne is nice so is the west coast and the north coast. You pretty much just need to explore, the more miles the more the chance of capturing something. The Sydney ferry can be a bit much if you go through a storm. I was on the tail end of a hurricane on the way back last year and it was quite a ride.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many thanks for the replies. Unfortunatly, I will be predominantly in the St. John's area.
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    If you are only going to be in "town" spend some time on George St.
    If you do go out of town, the signs on peoples fences that say "Tresspassers will be fed and clothed" are true.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Many thanks for the replies. Unfortunatly, I will be predominantly in the St. John's area.
    Dinesh

You may want to go to Ned Pratts Photography studio in St Johns, we have done work for him in the past and seems to be a good guy. Mention our name, if he dosen't shoot you right out for mentioning my name he may be very helpful.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin