Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,292   Online: 776

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Ok -- who let Rose into this thread.

Tim - North of Toronto there are hundreds of Snowmobile trails and tours where you and your honey can stop and photograph at your leisure.

I am pretty sure a shenuqq sp?? will be in Alberta next winter. that would mean 80 degree in March ,

beat that one Mr Rose, all the way from England and your province is in a heat wave with not snow. Not very friendly of you Albertans I would say.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You've gotten some good advice.

Calgary is a great city but the odds of snow are iffy at best. Calgary loses its snow several times a winter due to warm chinook winds. If you want snow, you may get it in Calgary... or you may get good golfing weather. It is hard to know.

In March, you are very likely to still have snow on the ground in Saskatchewan (except the southwest, near the Cypress Hills, which is much warmer in winter) and Manitoba, as well as northern Ontario. There are trees in all three provinces but southern Manitoba and Saskatchewan are wide-open prairies with pockets of trees. Northern Ontario, northern Manitoba and northern Saskatchewan are full of dense forests and lakes. It's a completely different place than the prairies.

I'm in Regina (in southern Saskatchewan) so if you want some more specific advice related to my area, feel free.

Even in March it can be very cold here. It is not unheard of to have temperatures in the -20s and even, occasionally, the -30s C in March. It can also be well above freezing.

there's also a few winter prairie photographs in Eric's portfolios - out of Edmonton

http://ericfredine.com/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Different Eric, but nice photos none the less.

It's true in Calgary it can be anywhere from -40 to +20 in March. Actually it can be that way in any month of the year LOL. I've seen snow in all 12 months. Fortunately not in the same year!

So that's one of the advantages of coming to Calgary. You can relax in maybe some nice temps while in town, and then drive for 1.5 hours to get into some really narly winter stuff in the mountains.

We took Les McLean out for some winter fun a couple of years ago and I was worried we were going to loose the little fella in some of the snow drifts LOL. There is a really interesting ghost town a couple of hours out of Calgary that has a very unique look to it in the winter. Just screams for Lith treatment IMHO.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

sorry - didn't mean you eric...!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you like paradoxes, take a look at a map of North America. Note how far south Toronto is compared to where Murray lives (Kitimat, British Columbia). In the winter, Toronto is a lot colder than Kitimat.

Matt

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing
    If you like paradoxes, take a look at a map of North America. Note how far south Toronto is compared to where Murray lives (Kitimat, British Columbia). In the winter, Toronto is a lot colder than Kitimat.

Matt
    Matt

That is just the legendary cold personalities of Ontario creating the chill.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks everyone for all your replies. I haven't had much chance to get to the computer today (printing), it's now midnight, so I wll digest everthing (+ atlas!) tomorow eveniing when I get back.
    Thanks again
    Tim
    PS I'm obviously going to have to read between the lines Bob, on my underwear requirements!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bruce Peninsula!
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin