Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,086   Online: 996

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pfft! Oh, there goes my "rape and pillage" photo tour of '06...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Pass on Graceland, they want you to buy there photos not shoot your own. If you like street shooting hit Beale St. in Memphis. Have an oyster, knock back a cold one and kiss the feet of W.C. Handy for me.
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Memphis, Nash Vegas, Chattanooga...

Quote Originally Posted by raucousimages
    Pass on Graceland, they want you to buy there photos not shoot your own. If you like street shooting hit Beale St. in Memphis. Have an oyster, knock back a cold one and kiss the feet of W.C. Handy for me.
    Memphis can be fun, but I see it as a run down city and try to avoid it because I try to avoid high crime areas (I left Miami too) as a general rule. Beale street at night is well worth seeing.
    If you find yourself street shooting here in Nash Vegas, make sure to do it at night on Broadway or Printer's Alley downtown. Lots of photo ops and plenty of live music to choose from. Daytime downtown is a PITA. Do downtown at night, if at all. Suburb called Murfreesboro has a decent music scene in the local bars as well because of the college, MTSU.
    Chatanooga has lots of scenic areas around it, but I found myself at a loss for nightlife. There's a few options, but you're probably better off finding a small watering hole frequented by locals instead of hunting down the tourist spots. Do visit the aquarium downtown if you find yourself there and have a few hours to kill in the daytime. I think they close at 6pm.
    I've not spent enough time in Knoxville to comment.
    Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg is a crowded hot spot for tourists. Lots to do and see. Great if you're into that sort of thing. I'm not.
    I'm fairly new to TN, and oblivious to KY, so read posts by others.

Remember... a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work. Enjoy the trip. If you're into fishing, try Center Hill Lake by Cookeville or Elk River or lake that feeds it (forgot the name) in Tims Ford State Park by Lynchburg. Useless trivia: Jack Daniels Distillery is in a dry county (Moore County, shouldn't that be Less?).

Chris

Shooter
    35mm
    Not sure if you have left yet, or will be able to keep track of this. If you go to Red River Gorge, then I would say to also drop down a few miles and go to Natural Bridge Park. Both of these areas offer some very nice scenery and trails to hike.

If you go to Cumberland Falls area, then also check out some of the other, smaller falls that are nearby. A couple are Eagle Falls and Dog Slaughter Falls. The trails can be accessed close to Cumberland Falls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin