Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,894   Online: 930

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just heard on the news all the problems around Heathrow airport. I can only suggest to put some 120 roll films in an airpack enveloppe (post express) and address them to your camping destination attn. to you. They will arrive in a few days and your risk will be less high.

Nevertheless a safe holiday and hope you will get nice results.

Robert

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It's a long shot - but maybe you could call these folks and get the name of some photo shops?

http://www.visitreykjavik.is/displayer.asp?cat_id=286

Try emailing Gudmundur from the LF list - if he's home he should be able to get you the info (a great photographer too) - he once mailed me a bunch of sample rolls/sheets of Astia 100F and Velvia 100 before it was released - you could get samples from Fuji Iceland, but not USA or Canada...!

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...tposter&t=8123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by crispinuk
    ...you cannot even take a newspaper or book to read...
    I guess you will be condemned to watching "my dog Skip" 3 times in a row

G

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    crispinuk

See this thread - Freestyle has just announced new international shipping arrangements:

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...092#post346092

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You can always travel by boat. Plenty of opportunities. You can photograph the sunset, the pretty girls on board, the captain etc. And there will be no x-raying your stuff...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou
    You can always travel by boat. Plenty of opportunities. You can photograph the sunset, the pretty girls on board, the captain etc. And there will be no x-raying your stuff...
    I just went on a cruise from New York to Bermuda. They do x-ray carry-on. Both at initial boarding and whenever you come back from a shore excursion.

Glad I had the film in the protective lead pouch.

Do not know if "checked bags" are x-rayed (suspect so).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    They X-ray NOTHING in Greek boats doing trips to and from the islands. I am soon going to embark on a ferry to Italy and I expect to have nothing X-rayed either. You live in a police state, it's not like that everywhere... soon the authorities in police states will X-ray yourself when going in or out your house...

(now I did it again... this thread is going to end up in the Soap Box... sorry...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does anyone know objectively and from personal experience how much harm airport luggage scanning is actually likely to do to film? I am about to have the same problem going to Spain to photograph Roman ruins. At least there film is easy to get.

David.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A luggage scan is destroying your film also low iso B&W and color film.

Here is an offical Ilford statement:
    "ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Dear Apuggers,

The very recent changes in airport security, especially on aircraft leaving United Kingdom airports, means that under the present circumstances films cannot now be carried on board the aircraft. However, as a reminder we DO NOT recommend placing film in checked luggage. Extensive testing carried out by the photo industry, and with the co-operation of the security authorities, has shown that all films, colour and black and white, stand a strong chance of being severely fogged after passing through the scanners currently in use in airports around the world used for checked luggage. As a result ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited technical services strongly advise our customers, wherever possible, to purchase their film at their destination and also to have it processed locally.

Rod Parsons, Vice President, Technical Operations "

----------
    Best regards,

Robert

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin