Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,010   Posts: 1,524,622   Online: 1011

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Attn Simon: Special-For-Travelers: Ilford availability

Simon

You could help travelers by posting the names of shops willing to help serious photographers obtain film, whether far from home, or on a job.

Were I to know where I could pick up a couple boxes of sheet film, for instance, without worrying whether it was 10 years out of date or just out of stock ( even though, "We normally stock it, Sir " ) it would be a great help.

Even better would be the names of UK dealers willing to accept an internet order, and then ship or deliver the film to a traveler's destination.

This is all 1920's kind of thinking, but a list of genuinely travel friendly shops would ease the travel restrictions we'll be living with for some time to come.

Thanks

don
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OO, I just caught it.. WRONG forum Oh, well. Move it if it's in the way !

df
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Don't really know where to move it to, so I put it in "Geographic Location".
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell
    Were I to know where I could pick up a couple boxes of sheet film, for instance, without worrying whether it was 10 years out of date or just out of stock ( even though, "We normally stock it, Sir " ) it would be a great help.

Even better would be the names of UK dealers willing to accept an internet order, and then ship or deliver the film to a traveler's destination.
    For the UK you could try Mailshots or Silverprint , both of whom I have found to be very helpful - just send them an email and see what their response is.

Hope this helps,

Lachlan
    "A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous...got me?" Captain Beefheart

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have purchased from Robert White via the internet and had it delivered to my destination while in the UK.

I think that Simon is on vacation at the moment.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Simon is indeed on vacation next week 14th to 19th Aug. I wished him a happy holiday when I left his office on Friday afternoon
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Perhaps in Simon's absence Les could make a few phone calls, and get the ball rolling at Ilford.

I posted this as Simon left: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/30632-airport-security-film-availabilty-stockists.html

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant
    Perhaps in Simon's absence Les could make a few phone calls, and get the ball rolling at Ilford.

I posted this as Simon left: http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30632

Ian

I cannot promise anything but I will be at the Ilford works in Mobberley for the whole of next week and will talk to a couple of people who I think may be able to help.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Les, any help would be appreciated.

I'm travelling abroad myself next week and I have found it exceedingly difficult to ascertain where I can buy 5x4 film in Turkey. I'm sure others are in similar positions, with various other countries.

APUG has many members from most nations, and I have made contact with a photographer who runs LF Workshops in Turkey, perhaps we should ask APUG members for recommendations of film stockists in other countries.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Les McLean
    I cannot promise anything but I will be at the Ilford works in Mobberley for the whole of next week and will talk to a couple of people who I think may be able to help.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin