Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,899   Posts: 1,584,383   Online: 731

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Sydney, Australia APUG Get together - 27 October

I would like to invite anyone in the Sydney area who would like to get together on 27 October for a beer, or just to talk photography to stop by.

I'll be staying at the The Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel in the Rocks (Cnr Kent & Argyle St). We could meet at about 1830 or so at the Hotel, or earlier if you want to do a bit of shooting around the Harbour area. I'll be arriving at 1630 from Alice Springs, and it will take some time to get in from the airport.

Looking forward to hearing from you and looking forward to meeting you,
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Robert - I'm in as previously indicated. 27th is a Friday night so good excuse for a drink and to tell a few lies!! If you were shooting digital we could have sat around for hours staring at the 18,000 shots you took of Central Australia on your LCD or iPod but I think having a yarn or exposing some more negatives is a better idea. Timing of your arrival would be good for a quick trip to Observatory Hill for a hero shot of the bridge and the Rocks area as the sun sets gently in the West.

Also bear in mind this is the weekend Sydney changes to daylight savings time so Sunday morning 29th at 2am all the clocks move forward 1 hour. Good for lazy photographers because the sun gets up later and goes down later. Bad for catching planes if you don't adjust your watch!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Robert,

Count me in, it will be worth making the trip in from the foot of the mountains to meet other APUGers.

Regards

Brendan
    [FONT=Ariel]Brendan F Sforcina[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Magpie: adj, of or like a magpie; characterized by the habit of hoarding ascribed to magpies.[/FONT]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Good, looking forward to seeing everyone, although I won't have any images to show you. . But, we can talk LF, 35mm, whatever and have a great time. Observatory Hill, sounds good as well, I would love to get some last minute shots (assuming I have any film left).

The time change isn't a problem, my flight isn't until late at night (2200).

The more the merrier...
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The Lord Nelson ...

I guess we'll have to have a few of their special brews then. They're not bad at all.

Should be a starter, also for an earlier shoot on the hill. Looking forward to it.

Glenn

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSYD
    I guess we'll have to have a few of their special brews then. They're not bad at all.

Should be a starter, also for an earlier shoot on the hill. Looking forward to it.

Glenn
    I'd like to go earlier, and get some photos from the hill, but since I don't arrive until 1630, I'm not sure what time I could be at the hotel by. Probably at least an hour - but, I'll be ready as soon as I check in.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Robert,
    Friday night domestic flight to Sydney can sometimes mean waiting a while for a cab but 4.30 landing time should just beat the business rush. Normally it would be 20-25 minute ride to the hotel. So, after collecting luggage and finding a cab I reckon it's possible you could be at the hotel by 5.45pm. Sunset will be around 6.15pm. 5 min. walk from Lord Nelson to Observatory Hill (3 mins without backpack!) Something to shoot for! Glenn and Brendan, maybe we can all meet at the Observatory Hill Rotunda around 6.30pm if we don't recognise each other beforehand amid the throng of wedding photogs and ill-fitting suits! Bad weather back-up plan meet in the Lord Nelson at same time. Maybe time to buy that APUG hat or t-shirt?!
    Robert, I will also PM my cell phone number.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Robert gave me a quick call today and we are on for tomorrow night if there are any other Sydney-siders prepared to show some Aussie hospitality to our esteemed visitor. PM me and we can exchange mobile phone numbers as required for logistical purposes.....
    Tony

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin