Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,923   Posts: 1,585,003   Online: 1103

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Tulsa/Broken Arrow, OK

I'll be spending Saturday night in Broken Arrow, OK, and have an appt. there at 4pm, but before that and after that I'll be free. After check-out on Sunday I'll be completely free.

Any suggestions on interesting/fun things to do in the area? I'm up for pretty much anything and have zero plans (except for the aforementioned appt.) so suggestions are welcome.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    I'll be spending Saturday night in Broken Arrow, OK, and have an appt. there at 4pm, but before that and after that I'll be free. After check-out on Sunday I'll be completely free.

Any suggestions on interesting/fun things to do in the area? I'm up for pretty much anything and have zero plans (except for the aforementioned appt.) so suggestions are welcome.
    The Gilcrease Museum is very impressive, or was, as I have not been there for over 20 years. The Rolls Royce bobtail sportster impressed me greatly as did the incredible varitey of Southwestern art.

If you are mobile, a trip down to the Tenkiller Lake Region is always fun and the Illinois River is beautiful any time of the year.

My family used to vacation in the region of the Tenkiller Lake Dam, as it was the only place in Oklahoma (at that time) you could go trout fishing as the discharge waters from the bottom of the lake are cold enough for the trout to live.

On your way back home, don't forget to hit Broken Bow and Beaver's Bend State Park. In fact, you should take the Talamina Scenic Drive back to Texas; it runs along the ridges of the Ozark Mountains just inside the state border.

Have fun!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I once spent the night in the back of my dodge Omni near Tulsa because my car had broken down and the tow-truck guy couldn't sell me a battery because it was Sunday. (Evidently, somewhere in the Bible it is proclaims that, contrary to the laws of physics, electricity cannot work on the sabbath.)

During the night a pack of wild dogs started a fight just outside of my car. I had the hatchback cracked because it was so hot, but I had to close it to keep from getting turned into dog food. I didn't get much sleep.

I still don't like Oklahoma.
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I lived in the tulsa/broken arrow area for almost 2 years...there is some stuff to do...depending on if you can drive...north of the city is the Woolaroc Museam (www.woolaroc.org) in Bartlesville...it was Frank Phillips (phillips 66) ranch and now houses animals of all types, and there is even a wild horse reserve...beautiful rolling hills...

I know that gay larson (fellow apug'ger) lives in tulsa, maybe she'll see this thread

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, I'll be in the car with a NuArc and my 4x5 camera in the back and a lady friend in the passenger seat.

-----we'll see if she truly means it when she says I can stop and photograph as much as I want to

blog
    website

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Gay Larson lives in Tulsa. She may know of some spots Jeremy

lee\c

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    Yep, I'll be in the car with a NuArc and my 4x5 camera in the back and a lady friend in the passenger seat.

-----we'll see if she truly means it when she says I can stop and photograph as much as I want to

I suspect that she is sincere but, without a clue. That is, she means it but she doesn't realize the implications.

I've been through Tulsa few times. Beautiful place. Enjoy.
    Last edited by BradS; 09-01-2006 at 06:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Jeremy

There's the International Photography Hall of Fame at the Kirkpatrick Center in OKC. If you have time - usually worth a visit.

http://www.iphf.org/index.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS
    I suspect that she is sincere but, without a clue. That is, she means it but she doesn't realize the implications.
    Yep, I agree which is why upon the suggestion from David Brown at lunch (he twisted my arm, I swear) I rented a XPan for the weekend (4 days, one day rental fee!) to photograph with instead of taking the 4x5.

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At the Gilcrease museum, be sure to see Thomas Moran's heroic painting of the "Mt. of the Holy Cross". The way he handeled the light and shadow in this masterpiece done for the World Expo in 1875 is totally fantastic.

Charlie...........................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin