Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,920   Posts: 1,584,816   Online: 1081

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Your neighbors at MassArt have a dropoff/pickup service come and do processing. I am sure you could slip your rolls in with them. Not sure of the pricing. The photo cage is on the 5th or 6th (I think) floor of the Kennedy bldg., which is the one closest to the #39 bus stop on the corner of Longwood and Huntington.
    MassArt also has a complete (I think) E-6, C-41 and B&W photo lab. You might be OK to use those facilities as part of the "Colleges of the Fenway" consortium. Or you could just act like you belong there and would probably not ever be asked to produce any ID.

If you have the space, I have a portable 6x6 enlarger (comes apart easy and fits in a suitcase) and tanks and reels that you are welcome to borrow for as long as you need them. Also some less-than-great-but-still-usable safelights that I no longer use.

Shooter
    35mm
    See http://www.f-d.com

I use them from time to time. They're basically OK, if a bit disorganized.

Is Russ Windman still at the SMFA?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dorian Labs in Arlington is very good. But they're a bit out of your way. But check with Hunt's in Kenmore Square - they used to send their E6 to Dorian.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoPete
    If you have the space, I have a portable 6x6 enlarger (comes apart easy and fits in a suitcase) and tanks and reels that you are welcome to borrow for as long as you need them. Also some less-than-great-but-still-usable safelights that I no longer use.
    Did I say borrow? I meant have. As in to keep and never return.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Boston Photo Labs

Hello,
    I just recently moved to Boston and had to find a lab to do my C-41 processing. I have a few friends who have taught and lived in the area and they told me a few labs to go to, many of them listed in previous posts, however I found that many of the ones that were supposed to be really good had closed down over the past 6-8 months. I was also told to stay away from a place called ColorTEC (Look them up on google and you'll find many people calling them Color Wreck) The only place I have found in Boston who still does it all and very well is Color Services in Needham. (http://www.colorservicesinc.com/ ) They are also the lab that does the pick up and drop off service at MassArt which is on the 6th floor of the kennedy building. MassArt does not have its own lab. They pick up between 11am-1pm and return your film the next day M-F. Hope this helps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That's a pretty solid list! You might want to also check on the Boston Street yahoo groups list -- streetshooters tend to burn a LOT of film so they need it cheap and no-frills too (and most of those guys have remained d-resistant, despite the predictable 'oohh, M8' fawning of the past week)

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/bostonstreet/

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin