Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,327   Online: 1007

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Road Trip!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bryce Canyon

If it's not too far out of your way, you might check out Bryce Canyon. I've been to Zion once, and Bryce twice. I didn't get tired of Bryce the second time, and I plan to visit it again. It's like being in another world. You can park in lots along the overlooks and hike on trails down into the formations. The air is thin, it's around 8000 ft elevation, but I felt great the two times I went there. It's exhilarating.
    Happiness is a load of bulk chemicals, a handful of recipes, a brick of film and a box of paper. - desertrat

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, desertrat! I really appreciate the heads-up about the air... I never thought about that one. Bryce is something we wanted to see.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have a great trip Jeanette!

Take lots of photos and post them when you get back. Oh yah and don't forget to tell us all about your trip. You have a blog on apug, right? I LOVE road trips.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Jeanette,

I lived in Colorado for several years and have some photo spots both in Utah and Colorado that I will cover with you when you get here.

If you want and have time you might consider Chaco Canyon (SE of Farmington NM), Canyon de Chelly (eastern Az) and the Aztec Ruins near Farmington, New Mexico on your trip coming. Also the Bisti Badlands lies about 45 miles south of Farmington NM.

The ruins and Chaco Canyon are the sites of Pueblo and Anazazi ruins. Chaco Canyon is very scenic in it's own right but is also the site of one of Ansel Adams image's (Whitehouse Ruin).

Look forward to seeing you and your husband for the workshop. Drive safely.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Feel free to stop by the Denver Darkroom when you are here. We are less than a mile off of I-70.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Have a great trip Jeanette!! Road trips are fun; I'm going on one myself next month.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    Have a great trip Jeanette!! Road trips are fun; I'm going on one myself next month.
    I hope it's somewhere off of Oahu, or it'll be a short trip!!!
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen View Post
    Feel free to stop by the Denver Darkroom when you are here. We are less than a mile off of I-70.
    Thanks Paul! We'll certainly try!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo View Post
    I hope it's somewhere off of Oahu, or it'll be a short trip!!!
    Oh it is off Oahu alright, Adelaide to Alice Springs - 1600 km through some of the most inhospitable desert Australia has to throw at you.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Ria

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    "Chaco Canyon is very scenic in it's own right but is also the site of one of Ansel Adams image's (Whitehouse Ruin)."

I absolutely agree about the scenic possibilities of Chaco Canyon (Chaco Culture National Historic Park) in New Mexico. The Whitehouse Ruin, however, is in Canyon de Chelly, Arizona.
    Ria

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin