Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,890   Online: 1144

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Road Trip!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Road Trip!

Well, the dog is gone, so it's time to take our first extended trip. Not being the sort of person to do things by halves, I suggested to my DH, Bill that we should drive to Arizona.

We plan on heading straight to AZ so I can attend Donald's workshop, then after that, we're going for a bit of a visit with a couple of Bill's kids who live in Palm Desert, CA.

From there, we plan on taking our time getting back & going up thru Nevada, Utah & Colorado...so...

I know there's lots to see on the homeward leg of our trip... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds great. I love a road trip...
    I'm an hour west of Palm Desert. While in that area, Joshua Tree Nat'l Park is right there and within it, the Jumbo Rocks area is awesome...Still gets warm in the day out there, but you might get a break weather wise.

Zion is not far of the path if you're heading north via the 15.

All the Parks in Utah...

Have fun and pay attention to the deer signs! (I hit one, or rather it hit me last year..)
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    35mm
    Let me know what part of Utard you are passing through, and I will tell you the highlights that I am familiar with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner
    Let me know what part of Utard you are passing through, and I will tell you the highlights that I am familiar with.
    We'll be coming up 15, then taking 70 thru Colorado.
    Jeanette

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Road trips ... I love road trips ... you lucky girl ... HAVE FUN !!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    ...my DH, Bill...
    Now I'm sure that means Dear Husband, however around here a DH is a Dickhead, so I had a bit of a chuckle when reading that! Have fun!

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Gyros and the Prophets

If you are coming up 15 from California to Utah, you will go right past the world's tallest thermometer and also "The Mad Greek Cafe" it will be on your left, watch for the signs, Peggy Sue's diner will be on your right, I do recommend the Mad Greek Cafe, lots of movies shot there...good food and deserts. I ll check my atlas but I am sure Las Vegas will be on your right and left a few miles up the road, I - 15 runs elevated right along the Strip and downtown, Red Rock Canyon is nice, then on through Vegas and on your right take the Valley of Fire turn off, then back on i-15 to Zion. If I were pressed for time and I had to choose between Zion and the Mad Greek Cafe, I am pretty sure that I would chose Zion.

Dave in Vegas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    Now I'm sure that means Dear Husband, however around here a DH is a Dickhead, so I had a bit of a chuckle when reading that! Have fun!
    Aw, Nige.... He's always been the former, and only very rarely the latter. hahaha

Dave, those sound VERY interesting! Thanks for the tips!
    Jeanette

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds great, Jeanette. Lots of spectacular photo ops, very different from the Great Lakes area. There is much more than you will have time for, so visit what you do have time for, relax and take the time to enjoy what you do see. It will make a more enjoyable trip and better photos. Colorado is one of my old 'stomping grounds' though haven't had the chance to go there for some time. If you get time to get off I-70, southwestern part has some magnificent areas. Check out Black Canyon of the Gunnison (east of Montrose) and the area from Montrose to Durango. Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park, while crowded in the summer, is still worth a look. Do be watchful for early snowstorms in the high country. And above all - have fun! And post some pics when you get back.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Bob! Yeah, we sure don't expect to see it all... that would be like trying to see all the waterfalls in MI in a week or two! haha
    Jeanette

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin