Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,205   Online: 933

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

The Neon Boneyard

I will have a few days in Las Vegas when I got to Death Valley in a few weeks, and I was wondering if the NEON BONEYARD was worth a visit.

It sure does seem interesting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David,

I sure thought it was cool. You have to arrange ahead of time to book a tour. Just email them. The woman who opened the gate for us and stayed for the one hour that we stayed there was named Melanie Coffee and she was really nice. It is a nonprofit museum and you have to pay a minimum donation of $50.00 per hour to be in the boneyard. Also you have to sign an agreement stating you will not use the photos for anything except personal use. Or if you want to pay the $250.00(US) location fee per hour then you can do what you want with your photos.

I went there in March of this year.

Kate

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Neon Boneyard Visit

I don't know if you have already gone or not. I went last May. As the previous post indicates you pay and get to go in. It was well worth the trip. I spent the entire one hour time and got about 4 images on a 4x5. The host is very nice. It is smaller than I had expected.

I first learned about it on a travel show/channel. It appeared quite bigger. There are 2 lots. Both are very interesting but small.

One problem is the time of day. The earliest you can go is 9:00 a.m. In May the lighting was not what I like at that time of day. If I had to do it again I would plan for as late in the day as possible in the winter months - there may be more interesting lighting. If you go have a great time and tell the host that we all appreciate the opportunity.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin