Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,955   Posts: 1,522,816   Online: 980

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks View Post
    As I say, maybe you've just been lucky. The fact that I have had no other significant problems with security or customs in 54 years argues that it's not a question of bad attitude on my part.
    Roger,

I think we are violently agreeing here.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Oh, oh - looks like Andy's starting to get all wound up. Those here with weak hearts or fragile knees may want to leave now.

George, you're forgetting something. I'm English. We don't get wound up. We get moderately excited over sport, but politics isn't worth the extra heartbeats.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    George, you're forgetting something. I'm English. We don't get wound up. We get moderately excited over sport, but politics isn't worth the extra heartbeats.
    Wait a minute Andy. I saw your post about how your townies beat ManU - I'd say you were a bit more than "moderately excited".

In fact I think the operative phrase would be "positively ecstatic"!

BTW, how are you doing? Enjoyed the bit about you and your Dad and the condoms. Classic "generation gap". But he "knew" what they were, didn't he? And didn't you say he was a Vet?

Hmmm.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    ... Ever notice how many retailers put the new cashier on the Express lane?...
    Notice that the express lane in the market is generally t one end or the other -- near the door. Thenew cashier often gets the lane near the door, where the cold/hot air blows. Low person on the totem pole gets the worst location.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For all you guys who think you want to be clever with the airport authorities, here is an interesting story. Not the US, Singapore, but in line with UN laws:

LINK

Be real careful when flying about what you say. This sounded like something people here were talking about saying or said. It's a different world. Not just the US or UK.
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey DW

I'll be flying out of Duluth on the 2nd. I'll let you know how it goes. Actually, my wife flies out of there quite often and she never has a problem. Of course she's pretty, I'm not.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When my family moved came to Canada, we naturally brought along as much as possible and luggage real estate was limited. So some of our deemed necessary items went into our carry-on baggage, and that included stuff like kitchen knife sets (y' know, the really large stainless steel ones with life time warranty which cut through everything), metal thermos cans (which looked uncannily like pipe bombs), and so forth. Never had a problem, nothing got looked after; even when suddenly my mothers electric hairbrush went off in one of the bags (making strange humming sounds in the middle of a security check), it didn't bother the security folks at all. My then teenaged sister OTOH wasn't that lucky, she set of the alarms at every metal detector - she was in her tough girl phase and wouldn't go anywhere without her metal plated army boots and camouflage jacket (don't ask:rolleyes: ). But all that was ten years ago, I somehow don't think we would have gotten far in todays climate .
    [SIZE=1]Tiptoeing through life's grand theater - and falling down flat.[/SIZE]

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin