Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,927   Posts: 1,585,157   Online: 874

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That will make it slightly less inconvenient, but is just a patch for an airport that was not designed to be used by people or airplanes.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Hmmm....another airport tale. Let's see in the past 6 months I have flown, with my big yellow Hasselblad, rolls of film, winder, 3 lenses, viewfinder, light meter, and other assorted goodies in my LowePro through Providence, La Guardia, Dallas, St Louis, Toronto, London UK, Boston, JFK, Newark, New Haven, Cinncinati, Philly, San Diego, LAX, Westchester County, Hartford, Willow Run, Gatwick UK, Charles de Gaule France, Montreal, Chicago, Peurto Vallarta Mexico and Raliegh and I don't have a sordid tale like it seems all you folks do. What am I missing?

I always wonder why the UFOs seem to pick up the trailer folks in the countryside and never the folks that WANT to meet the aliens. Hmmm...

Regards, Art.
    Art,

C'mon it's obvious. Your great looks and charming personality so dazzles the TSA ladies that they wave you right through!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Like gr82bart I too have done extensive international travel with my 4x5 gear and Blad with no problems. No security hassles, no fogged film nothing.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    gr82bart: perhaps you're missing Duluth.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I know that some TSA people act like Barney Fife, and the inconsistency of some airports refusing to hand check film bothers me, but you know what?The TSA people can look inside the brim of my hat, swab down my shoes, and play with my cable release all they want, and I'm going to thank them for it because some asshole is less likely to end my life at 30,000 feet.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    gr82bart: maybe you're missing Duluth.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson View Post
    Dulles has been at the top of my Hated USA Airports List for years - the TSA is not the reason - stupid airport design and miserable ground transport system are the reasons.
    Tom I agree unreservedly and for the same reasons as you. I flew through there once many years ago and have not been near the place since.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I flew home from Phoenix with quite large backpack full of MF camera, equipment, cable release, lots of 120 film and fully expected to be stopped to have everything looked through but no, just through the x-ray and nothing. Maybe the more you have the easier it is to recognise. Maybe they were looking for liquids!
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Larson View Post
    I flew home from Phoenix with quite large backpack full of MF camera, equipment, cable release, lots of 120 film and fully expected to be stopped to have everything looked through but no, just through the x-ray and nothing. Maybe the more you have the easier it is to recognise. Maybe they were looking for liquids!
    Could be a problem for the wet plate collodion guys, then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FirePhoto View Post
    I know that some TSA people act like Barney Fife, and the inconsistency of some airports refusing to hand check film bothers me, but you know what?The TSA people can look inside the brim of my hat, swab down my shoes, and play with my cable release all they want, and I'm going to thank them for it because some asshole is less likely to end my life at 30,000 feet.
    The mission of the TSA never bothered me at all. I do think that if you set regulations (such as hand checking film) you should follow them.
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin