Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,792   Posts: 1,671,590   Online: 942

Thread: Spokane, WA

Shooter
    Sub 35mm

Spokane, WA

Does anyone here live in the Spokane area or photographed around the area?

What are the photographic opportunities like in that part of the country? What type of scenery can you expect? Is it full of opportunity that could keep you busy for years on end or a place where you could get burnt out very quickly?

For example where I am at you don’t really have a large opportunity unless you want to drive 5-7+ hour do get somewhere.

Just wondering,

Thanks,

kev

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Spokane photo ops

I grew up there but haven't lived there for over 30yrs now but it is situated near one of my favorite places........the palouse: about 1hr south from spokane on hwy 195 and you are in the middle of it. It can be stunning in any season but in particular early june and sept is when I usually go i also try to make a trip just before the wheat harvest: mid to late august. If you go a little north and west of the palouse there is the scab-rock country that has its own beauty in low angle sun seasons i.e. fall/winter.
    Warning if you go to these places this time of year be prepared for some bone chilling cold with a wind. I was just there in late sept and nearly froze to death trying to get that early moring(before sunrise) shot. Be prepared to deal with wind. Last trip I had to shelter on the lee side of a silo and use a 13in lens on my 4x5.
    The opportunity for great images here is outstanding and well worht the pain.
    Good Luck if you want to know any more e-mail me
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Spokane

Thought i'd add a bit. I have yet to get burnt out in the eastern washington area since it is so varied it could well take a lifetime to fully explore it all.
    If you are looking for modern architecture or a jazzy new york street life this is not the place.
    But if you primarily do landscapes, old bldgs,farms ,barns etc. its a good base to reach out from. And if you really want to do some architecture then Seattle is only 5hrs away and we have the latest. Many of the older towns around spokane can be quite interesting also in a Route 66 kind of way.
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I attended college there from 1999 to 2004. PM me with what you're looking for and perhaps I can oblige.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin