Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,484   Online: 910

Images

FLORIDA Gulf Coast (FYI)

For anyone living in or visiting FLorida's Gulf Coast, right now Myakka Park (15 miles East of Sarasota) is about as perfect for photographers as it's gonna get.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've been there many times and the park is a little different each time I go. If you can provide some specifics I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

- Randy

Images
    When I lived in Ft. Myers, Myakka River SP was definitely my favorite place. My wife and I would reserve a camp site, set up the tent and spend the whole weekend there. From the river oaks, to the live oak hammocks, to the palmetto prairie, it's a great place.

Images
    Randy, not only is the light wonderful right now, but the live and water oak trees are sort of between leaf crops so the tree shapes are more easily seen, and the Spanish Moss shows better. While there is some standing water (great for reflections), the trails are all dry/walkable. Also, right now with the cold snap there are no mosquitoes or snake problems (wich, believe it or not, I've never had a problem in the 30 years I've been going there). Today I saw several small herds of deer, and one flock of wild turkeys. Also, right now, water birds abound.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin