Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,339   Online: 973

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce terry View Post
    Krystyna - Naked in a factory or on a Mack - male or female - is a challenge Whimpy-Me will never get around to undertaking and I apologize to you and your good friend and everyone else for pronouncing it all "silly". A picture will surely cross my path and make me take pause ... I just haven't come upon one yet. I too would really love to see your friend's takes within this venue, have her make a mockery of me.

Respectfully submitted,

Bruce
    Hi Bruce!
    I'm with you - I could never undertake the challenge of photographing people, nevermind nekkid ones, and so I have a lot of respect for people who like my friend can do it respectfully and artistically, and I have to admit that my own definition of "artistic nekkidness" is rather narrow and conservative, LOL!
    Blessings, K

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In today's - Thursday, March 15, Boston Globe, page C12 (Section C, page 12 - Style), there is a wonderful image (nude - definitely nude) contained in a full page(!) St. Ives ad.

In deference to any possibility of copyright risks, check it out at:

www.healthybrilliance.com

That DID get my attention! I wonder if the Globe will get any flak over this...?

Any comments?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ed- I doubt it- if it is the image on the front of the website- no nipples or body hair showing.

As someone who photographs a lot of nudes, I must say the amount of consternation that folks get into over nude images utterly stuns me. We all have bodies, and we all have to see them in their OEM glory at least once a day (unless you're from certain parts of the world where bathing is optional or exposing flesh is ill-advised).

One reason why some folks will never be able to do a nude is that whole "Nekkid" issue- they have a certain discomfort with it that prevents them from trying, and if they try, they'll most likely have a very rough go of it and not generate successful images.

I have total respect for folks who don't shoot nudes- nothing at all wrong with it- just like there's nothing wrong with someone who doesn't photograph fire hydrants. However, it does rub me a bit the wrong way when folks refer to the nude work I do as "nekkid pictures", because I do invest a great deal of seriousness into what I do, and it is not done for the purpose of prurient tittiliation. I would hope that my nude work is provocative in multiple senses - not only does it inflame the passions, but it provokes the intellect.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    but Scott,

fire hydrants are nasty!
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If you can find a copy of Veruschka: Transfigurations (or Oxydations in an earlier abbreviated and monochrome German version), there are very cool images of her body-painted to fit into industrial backdrops. Googling Veruschka will turn up a few images from several series from that book.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Brazilian "bed" advertisements

They look hand painted to me. Pretty cool! I'd like to light them differently but not my images or concept . This photographer had a tough day at the office.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image001.jpg   image002.jpg   image003.jpg   image004.jpg   image005.jpg  

Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There's no telling what the photos are

Bill Brandt, 1938

I hope there's more to them than the printing, however.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomassauerwein View Post
    They look hand painted to me. Pretty cool! I'd like to light them differently but not my images or concept. This photographer had a tough day at the office.
    One ad shoot speaks volumes about the chasm separating Brazil from the United States. Makes you want to learn Portuguese, doesn't it?

Sanders

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    I have total respect for folks who don't shoot nudes -
    Um, ... thanks.
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    Um, ... thanks.
    David-

I was simply reversing the situation for the purpose of argument - as someone who does shoot nudes, I often hear that kind of comment about nude work. Kinda like the Seinfeld "He's GAY! .... not that there's anything wrong with that" kind of comment. Just putting the shoe on the other foot as it were.

Truly though, I do mean it when I say that I have the utmost respect for folks whose subject matter/media are not my own choice. Especially if their work is of such quality that it catches my attention despite my native disinterest in their medium/subject matter. I've had enough moments where that's happened that I know better than to pre-judge someone's work based on a word or two.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin