Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,477   Online: 949

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach View Post
    That DID get my attention!
    Which is what it was intended to do. Nudity used in advertising, and in many other cases, is done for one reason and one reason only. It gets people to look. Just look at the stats of any nude posted within the APUG galleries and compare them to those not presenting the nude form. Hate to say it, but much of nude photography's appeal to the masses comes from the T&A factor and little more.

Certainly not a prude, but realistic,

Bill

PS... I will correct myself and say the nude female as I just looked at the stats of FC's nude males when compared to a Sanders McNew full frontal. I will also add that the controversy factor is key as well after looking at the stats of FC's "Little Richard" photo:

Last edited by bill schwab; 03-16-2007 at 10:43 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Link deletion... You can find FC's photo on your own. No sense in raising that one again :)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am not a prude, either, and I have no disagreement with the idea that nudity draws attention.

I have yet to see if there will be any extreme reaction to that ad in Boston. Knowing the areas obsession with nudity... a NEGATIVE obsession, I would be more surprised if there was none.

IMHO, a negative obsession - "Denial" - can, and usually is, more destructive.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin