Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,392   Online: 700

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Pepperdine University

Just wanted to post this so a search for "Pepperdine" would yield a result.

But really- I'm going to be heading there for a week in May- any recommendations for photo ops? Or 'local' food establishments I shouldn't miss? I'll be on foot, working during the day and will have a couple hours of free time in the evenings for shooting/stuffing my face/etc.

Cheers-

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RobLewis View Post
    Just wanted to post this so a search for "Pepperdine" would yield a result.

But really- I'm going to be heading there for a week in May- any recommendations for photo ops? Or 'local' food establishments I shouldn't miss? I'll be on foot, working during the day and will have a couple hours of free time in the evenings for shooting/stuffing my face/etc.

Cheers-
    There are lots of beautiful small beaches around Pepperdine University, such as La Piedra, El Matador, although I seem to remember that they are just a bit north of Pepperdine. Consider grabbing a bite at Neptune's Net; it is one of the iconic places along the California coast as lots of infamous bikers hang out there. If you come down the hill going south, there is a small shopping mall kind of thing to your right (west); there is a really good place for ice cream. You can also climb up into the Transverse Ranges. There are several trails that provide nice views of the Pacific.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Search Malibu, Santa Monica, Venice, Marina del Rey, anything in Los Angeles, Watts Towers, Wayfarers' Chapel, ... actually quite a long list. Can you be more specific about what type of things you want to see?

Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Yeah, there are myriad things to see and do in the area.

Neptune's Net is north on the Pacific Coast Highway, Hwy 1. It has moved upscale a bit from what it used to be but is still very much worth a visit. Ignore the menu and order a bowl of clam chowder....and a beer. The beach across the street is a "locals only" surfer beach - be careful! Especially if you venture into the water.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's the only university I know of that offers a scholarship for volleyball ability... ahhhh... California.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Originally, CalArts was planned to inhabit those buildings. Imagine, John Baldessari ripping it down at Zuma.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin