Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,249   Online: 796

This question is for those who aren't from the United States: If you could photograph anywhere in the U.S., where would you go, and why? (Of course, this assumes that you would want to visit our quiet and peaceful little country.) What, that is visually-unique to America, would you like to photograph? What interests you? I'm just curious, so please feel free to share and to critique the visual aspects of the place.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I visited Yosemite (and other places) with P&S in hand... (on the return trip to Australia from a year working in England) but didn't have an idea of it's significance in the world of B&W photography. I wasn't really into photography (developing the odd film/picture before we went) at the time but got back into it shortly afterwards and always wondered why I didn't take a SLR on our once in a lifetime trip...

Would like to go back one day, hire a car and just drive about. We drove from Vegas to SF via Death Valley/Seqouia/Yosemite but it was pretty rushed so I'd like to repeat some of that at a lesuriely pace. I'd head out into the countryside and see what I could find.

I'm sure there are other places I'd like to visit. Utah? with those rocks pillar/formations would be one. Guess I don't know much about the topography!

Going to the States is not really on my mind, but because you ask.

If I could go for at least some months (it takes a while to get a feeling for a country you don't know) I would like to visit the parts that are really different from most of Europe.

I think I would visit about 3 states/NPs, say Arizona, Yosemite and Olympia.

But in now way I am bored by visit the British Isles, Scandinavia etc.

My recommendation would be the four corners area--Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico. But I find something to photograph everywhere I go--New York City, Atlanta, Houston, wherever.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin