Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,920   Online: 1011

I would like to find some more places to photograph within Florida. I'm looking for natural places (no telephone poles), preferably near St. Petersburg. Any ideas? Thanks!

I live in St. Pete. What do you want to photograph? Good scenics/trees/water/wildlife can be found in most local parks. Have you been to Myakka? Veteran's Park off the causeway to Madeira Beach is nice. Sunken Gardens offers photo ops. Lake Seminole Park and Sawgrass Park have gators 'n birds. Wheedon Island off Gandy has plenty of trees, water and critters. There's a weird little park in Largo (can't think of the name) that has a beautiful pond with many birds. Fort DeSoto is good. So, what are you looking for? Let me know if you would like to go somewhere and shoot sometime (I don't hike very far&#33.
    Keep an open mind, but not so wide open your brains fall out.

I would like to suggest Cedar Key, up the Gulf coast about 2 hours from you. I've had a lot of fun there (I'm in Gainesville).

There's also the Ocala National Forest, St. Augustine (a little too touristy, though), the Suwanee River, ...

Joffre
    Joffre Swait
    My Webpage

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I do not live in Florida but why not check out Florida photographer Clyde Butcher's web site under "Link Portal-famous photographers and see where he has been. Also, before going into an area, I research Barnes and Nobel bookstore for books to see where others have trod.

Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin