Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,361   Online: 1168

Thread: Just got back!

Images
    Hey guys, I just got back from quick 3 day jaunt up the coast. I decided to bring my wife and daughter with me kind of last minute, so we loaded up the Cherokee like the Beverly Hillbillys and took off. It started puring cats and dogs at about the Golden Gate Bridge First night was at the Point Arena Lighthouse. We rented a 4 bedroom house right at the foot of the lighthouse. One room for mom and the baby, one for dad, and another for all of his cameras! &#39 I got the great experience of shoting in 50 MPH winds with horizontal rain shoting in my eyes. I'll be interested in seeing how they turn out. I hid myself behind the jeep for some shots and up next to a small out building for others. Needless to say, both the camera and myself were drenched. It was time to was out the RB anyways... Second stop was at Fort Bragg, CA. We stopped at the Point Cabrillo light house on the way there. IT was a light rain, but Shauna and Emma decided to stay in the car while I walked the 1/2 mile path to the house. it is 1/2 mile down hill, it was more of a jog than a walk. 2/3 of the way down, the paved trail was flooded about 4" deep. I sloshed my way to the house, fired off a roll in my Yashica D and turned to head back... Just then the heaven's opened up. I couldn't see 10' in front of me. Camera #2 was soaked. All in all we had a great time, I can't wait to process the film.

Brian
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

my Xmas photo excursion was highlighted by a visit by the local law enforcement officer! I had been parked near an old run down shack taking pics for 1/2 hr or so and a Policeman arrived to see what I was up to. He had had a phone call reporting a suspicious looking car parked on the highway! A quick chat and he was on his way, which was good cause I was on the wrong side of the fence at the time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    my New Years trip was to an area of Texas just north of the Big Bend National Park. Little town called Alpine. Went Saturaday to another little town up the road and photographed some dead trees. Very cool...then yesterday I went with my hostess and another woman to a ranch south of where my friend lives. I had delivered prints I had printed for her and l wanted to see the ranch. We all piled into the pickup and blasted down to the Nivell Ranch and photographed some more trees. We saw a flock of wild turkeys (maybe 10 or so) deer and a couple of antelope. Very cool outting. Then it was back to their ranch and me off to my 8.5 hour trip home. Got home about 11pm. I am ready to go back.

lee/c

Images
    Hey aggie, we booked one of the houses on Pt. Arena, about 30' from the base of the lighthouse. It was fun, but the house really smelled bad. Kind of a mold / damp / godknowswhat type of odor.
    hi!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin