Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,876   Posts: 1,520,253   Online: 1126

Thread: Austin, TX

Any ideas of things to shoot in Austin?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Austin is the state capital and is a pretty neat looking building. It is made out of pink limestone I think. Uof Texas is located there. 6th Street is a happening place. Drive around and see if anything trips your trigger.

lee\c

and Aggie is right, there are millions of bats that come out at sundown everyday.

head out to Lake Travis and shoot the shoreline trees and rocky cliffs. There's a neat state park, Red Rock or something like that. Just a couple of my fav spots.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    round Rock Enchanted Rock Rock Hill

lee\c

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hello,
    the capital building is pink Granite.

Sixth Street--Old buildings, college kids, bars and plenty of the unexpected.

Lots of new construction going on in downtown.

Townlake.

Congress Ave. and other streets with old and new buildings.

Enchanted Rock State Natural Area is a couple or three hours to the west. If you have the time this is a great place, but not on the weekends--too many people. Same pink granite as the capital building.

UT has some interesting architecture with great detail in some of the older buildings on campass.

I am sure that I have left out a bunch of stuff.
    huh?

If you are looking for landscapes, try McKinney Falls State Park, Hamilton Pool County Park, or (in town) Mayfield Park. If you enjoy cemeteries, try Oakwood Cemetery.

Thanks for the tips. I shot the capital at night. My time was much more severly constrained than I thought. At about 1 am on friday the Texas Rangers around the capital were both helpful and friendly.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin