Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,840   Online: 1002

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Wow!!! What a stunningly beautiful place. Where is this located in relation to England? What can you share about the climate (high/low temp, rainfall)?
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It felt like a veeeery long way from home, I can tell you! It's half way between the Shetland Islands and Iceland, and west of Norway. It's just a tiny group of islands stuck out in the middle of the north Atlantic, and battered from all directions by every sort of weather you can imagine. Apparently they are only free of precipitation on for 80 days of the year, on average. The people describe their weather as 'four seasons in one day', which I can vouch for - minus the summer part... I believe the average temperature is a mere 50°F or thereabouts. However, I must admit I actually enjoy this sort of climate! Must be something to do with the Scots blood coursing through my veins.

There was still snow on the mountaintops when we were there, but the people we spoke to expected it to have melted by the end of the month.

I want to go back!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just seen this thread and just want to add my thoughts on the Faeroes. Went there about 15 years agao and it was brill. Best place I have ever been to in terms of landscape [better than S.. America]. Flew in from Glasgow on this little plane where yoiu could see the driver at the front.
    Stayed in a mixture of hotels, hostels, tents and private houses. Torshaven is very picturesque. If you get the chance, go. Ailsa, I couldn't find any pictures you may have posted . Are they still online as I'd love to see them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin