Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,929   Online: 1207

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Scandanavian Autumn Trip

I am thinking of going to Finland or Sweden for the Autumn.
    Anyone have any suggestions and/or local knowledge?

I like to shoot nature close ups as well as vistas etc, so woodland, lakes and/or tundra would work great.

I would like to stay in hostels/huts and maybe use public transport and hiking for day trips.

Any help would really be appreciated as I am struggling to get any detailed info online etc.

Thanks

Gari

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi

Svenska turistföreningen have quite a few hostels and mountain lodges in the north of Sweden: http://www.stfturist.se/ (not that much information in English I’m afraid)

But email them on info@stfturist.se - they should be able to answer your questions and give you some advise.

Edit: They do have a bit of English information on the site. Press the English flag and then navigate by using the map that will appear. Or simply scroll to the different mountain lodges or hostels.
    Last edited by Uhner; 02-21-2008 at 03:49 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Unnecessary critique of STF…

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Also remember that you are allowed to for example put up a tent where ever you want. Ok, maybe not in someones raspberry shrubs...
    /matti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I forgot to recommend Abisko mountain lodge. There you have access to Abisko National Park with its rich flora, mountains, forests, lakes, rivers and canyons. As well as, dare I say, magnificent vistas…

If you decide to go there - I would also recommend you to take the train to Narvik in Norway. The railway on the Norwegian side of the border has some stunning views.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin