Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,650   Online: 929

Thread: Highlands

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you've not been to the NW Scottish Highlands, then make tracks there ASAP-it's spectacular-like something out of Lord of The Rings and fantastic white sandy beaches as well, such as Achmelvich & Sandwood Bay. The latter is a 4 mile walk from the nearest road but it's well worth it. Just remember to pack a decent waterproof and some midge repellent! You'll have fun trying to pronounce the names of the mountains as well...
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've been to Ahbahrdeen (yep, you don't say Aberden), but it was a very quick stay and weather was lousy...
    Maybe sometime in the future I will try again!

Jorge O

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The names of the mountains are easy to pronounce with the right tongue lubricant.

Mine's a Laphroigh
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Try Skye. Easy to pronounce, lovely to see and it has a distillery !
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin