Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,225   Posts: 1,532,663   Online: 830

One week away from my trip to Colorado. Anyone have a first hand report from either the Million Dollar highway area, especially around Silverton, or Ridgeway? Possibly the Collegiate peaks region? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    While I don't have a report of colors at this time. Having lived there for several years, I would think that you are going to be arriving at a good time (historically speaking). If you have 4WD then I would recommend Imogene Pass, Cinammon Pass and Engineer Pass (all in that area). The area around Lake City is a beautiful.

If you have time you may want to try the Fairplay and Alma (Hoosier Pass) areas. Above Alma in addition to Aspens will be a stand of Bristelcone Pines. This area is east of the Collegiate Peaks. In the Collegiate Peaks, I always find the drive over Independence Pass (from south of Leadville into Aspen) to be awe inspiring. Good luck, drive safely, and have fun.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Still nothing in terms of fall colors here. I'm in Denver, and I had a friend scout out the higher elevations within two miles driving distance from the city. Nada. It's late this year. Give it maybe another week at most. Keep in mind, we frequently get our first snow in September, so fall may come and go quickly.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin