Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,293   Online: 913

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hand inspection is a right, only within the USA...go anywhere else, and they will listen to your request and then let you watch your film go thru the Xray machine. As indicated, ISO 400 film can endure multiple passes thru an Xray machine, so if your itinerary takes you thru multiple airports, don't worry be happy. Never send it thru checked baggage because the CT scanner will zap film for sure!

Shooter
    Large Format
    As everyone has said, just put it through the carry on if you're going to take it with you. I've been shipping it ahead lately using UPS or FedEx, especially with loaded 4x5 and 8x10 film holders. Saves a lot of space and weight with the carry-ons. I then ship everything back the same way and process the film when I get home.

Shooter
    35mm
    Velvia 50 in 120- run through a carry on xray machine up to 4 times- no ill effects IME.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin