Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,663   Posts: 1,481,648   Online: 809

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries

35mm SLR courses Going Going gone.

I am beginning to despair. I live in the United Kingdom, and started my SLR interest in 2003. I have seen two Darkrooms that I used, for short courses, close, since 2006 ( Croydon Adult Education, and a Central London's Theatre Darkroom), and my April " Patterns of Nature" and November " Winter Landscape" Photography courses at Juniper Hall, Dorking, Surrey, part of the Field Studies Council have its last ever session this Month. It appears, Adult Education budget's be cut, but at least their classes, were open to every type of user, Digital, Film etc, as opposed to a more disappointing experience. I attended Flatford Mills, Suffolk, again part of Field Studies Council, and their Tutor retired in 2005. He was brilliant, even processing the Slides himself. However, when he retired the only lessons were in Digital, Photoshop, and some Gardening Digital Photography courses. Film users were history, and there were no apologies offered. Sad times. Now I am looking for equivalent courses, but the internet is not such a boon.
    Last edited by antonyg; 11-11-2008 at 02:06 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Geographical locations

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't know your experience level but organize your own classes at a community center or some such and have a guest speaker/teacher at each gathering, such as you can drum up. Just a thought or three.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Have you checked out the Ilford Wed Site - http://www.ilfordphoto.com/photostud...andcourses.asp

It lists people and colleges that are doing photographic courses.

You might have to trawl through the list but there still are people running analogue stuff out there

Martin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin