Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,412   Online: 757

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hi Rusty:

Thanks. The show is up through the end of the year. I don't think light rail goes too close to Photomark, maybe 20 blocks.

Rich
    Photographs by Richard M. Coda
    my blog
    "Speak softly and carry an 8x10."

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Rich (and all)

I will be down in a couple of days. I would like you to post your shows address for me so I can find it on Google Maps. I would also be appreciative of any local places near Phoenix to photograph. I am dragging my 8x10 down for a quick Thursday-Saturday-Anniversary thing with my lovely wife.

Any tips would be great.

I have photographed near Tucson quite a bit, but nothing near the Phoenix area. I am feeling the need for some images of Saguaro.

Thanks!

BTW, you all know Fred's store in Fountain Hills, the View Camera Store, don't you?
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Because I moved to Phoenix before all of the changes and upgrades, I am fascinated by much of central Phoenix and some of the remaining old neighborhoods. If you have a car, you might be interested in the Chihuy exhibit at the Desert Botanical Gardens. Also the new light rail is up and running, creating novelty and interest for the locals. A lot will depend upon your preference for subject matter.
    "I, in humility, am willing to learn, when you, in humility, are ready to teach." Rusty Tripod

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hall View Post
    Rich (and all)

I will be down in a couple of days. I would like you to post your shows address for me so I can find it on Google Maps. I would also be appreciative of any local places near Phoenix to photograph. I am dragging my 8x10 down for a quick Thursday-Saturday-Anniversary thing with my lovely wife.
    Hi Robert:

My show is at Photomark, 2202 E. McDowell Road, Phoenix, Arizona
    (602) 244-1133 - (800) 777-6627 http://www.photomark.com

It will be up at least until NEXT week (first week of January).

As far as photographing in Phoenix... I'm partial to older structures that have seen better days. If you want Saguaros, north is better, IMO. More "trees" less houses. BTW, there's a Linda Connor exhibit at the Phoenix Art Museum. Happy Anniversary.
    my blog

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Excellent Rich,

I will try to stop by as we pass. Good central location.

What do you have showing?
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Robert, I go back to work on Monday. (Gloom. Despair and agony on me!) Let us know more about your schedule. Some of us might have time to meet for "coffee".
    Last edited by rusty_tripod; 12-30-2008 at 03:59 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: omission
    "I, in humility, am willing to learn, when you, in humility, are ready to teach." Rusty Tripod

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hall View Post
    Excellent Rich,

I will try to stop by as we pass. Good central location.

What do you have showing?
    I have just black & whites showing. Some old (from the 1980s and early 1990s) and some new work. All 4x5 or 8x10 except for one 35mm (WTC).

I just presented some color work for the first time. I have recently learned the color zone system and feel confident enough (for a color blind person) to show it. If timing works out, maybe I can show you when you're here.

Rich
    my blog

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Awesome, I'll let you know how the color worked out.

Thanks for your help. I will let you know what the schedule permits. It would be cool to get together if we have time.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Shooter
    35mm
    You have another one in Glendale. I shoot 35.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I am a part time resident, an true Arizonan at heart I guess since I now have my subscription to Arizona Highways and 30 years of back issues. I am 2 hours north but I am in Phoenix quite a bit when I am out west. Hopefully we will be moving there full time very soon. I am still fairly new to large format, have been shooting it for about a year now and would relish the opportunity to learn from others. I shoot mainly 4x5 and 120. I love to photograph old sections of Route 66 in AZ, NM & TX and of course Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon. This past summer I went to Jerome and there were loads of photo ops, I plan on going back as soon as I am out west again.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin