Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,796   Posts: 1,671,628   Online: 751

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi, my name is Renzo Cataldo, out of Scottsdale. I shoot mostly 6 x 7 with a Mamiya 7 and print in my home darkroom. Have recently gotten into lith printing. Will soon start posting once my scanner is back running. Look forward to bloggin with you and possibly meeting some of you.
    Renzo

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I just got back into town. I REALLY need to subscribe to this thread (heh). Have we decided when or where we're meeting up? I'm up for anything.
    Chris Klug
    -----------
    My photo life story: http://patternsoflightndark.com/wordpress/

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Just wanted to thank you guys for your help. I got in to see Linda Connor's work and the Phoenix Art Museum. It was fabulous as her work is. I was not too happy about her book as it looks no where near as good as the actual work. What a shame.

I was near Fountain Hills and went to see Taliesin and north of Fountain Hills to the park up there and had a couple of good days shooting.

Richard, I got in to see your work. Good stuff for sure. My wife really liked the cloud image and I liked several. Best of luck with your large format work.

I was happy to see that the local shop had such a nice supply of LF gear, I bought a few things I had needed for some time and the prices were certainly right on as well.

Thanks again,
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by renzocataldo View Post
    Hi, my name is Renzo Cataldo, out of Scottsdale. I shoot mostly 6 x 7 with a Mamiya 7 and print in my home darkroom. Have recently gotten into lith printing. Will soon start posting once my scanner is back running. Look forward to bloggin with you and possibly meeting some of you.
    Renzo
    I've lusted after a Mamiya 7 for a while. I assume you like it?
    Chris Klug
    -----------

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have one and as the kids say, "It's the bomb!"

I used it in Europe and my China work as well. BTW, my china work is all lith. (www.roberthall.com/china)
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    35mm RF

Anyone up for a local Field Trip on January 25th?

A gent on Fred Miranda approached me to guide him around the local area on Sunday, January 25th. He's flying in from St. Louis Saturday, wants to shoot some desert southwest on Sunday, and then fly back Monday. So the travel radius is limited.

I offered to help him out, but I'm thinking that maybe we can do more than just a two-some. And, to boot, there are others in this thread who have been locals longer than I, know more special places, etc.

I suggested places I know, such as Lost Dutchman and Sedona. He came back with a desire for "the place with the cactusii (sp?)" so I asked him whether he meant Saguaro or Organ Pipe. I'm waiting for a reply.

Anyhoo, if anyone is interested in joining us, let me know. I'm the de-facto organizer. My Mamiya will seemingly still be in the shop at that point, so I'm probably just bringing my Bessa R2a and playing documentarian to the whole thing rather than carting tripod et al around. He said he's bringing some high-end Canon DSLR (I think one of the full-frame ones), a short tele, a wide angle and a tripod.

I'm up for suggestions and I'm up for company, if anyone is interested. I only have a two-seater vehicle (well, it's technically a four-seater if your passengers are munchkins) so we'd need more car seats.

Lemme know if your interested.
    Chris Klug
    -----------

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I had great luck at McDowell Mountain Park north of Fountain Hills. It's a state park with a $6 entrance fee. I saw and photographed quite a bit.

I was offered access to a closed site up there and was able to photograph a ruin and petroglyphs.

This was my 8x10 hovering gently over one of the petroglyphs. (this image taken with my iPhone lol)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0242.jpg  
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hall View Post
    This was my 8x10 hovering gently over one of the petroglyphs. (this image taken with my iPhone lol)
    What kind of tripod do you use? I'm in the market for a new one.

As I am acting as guide, I'd probably only go somewhere I've never been if someone joins the group who has been there. Partly to avoid the following conversation:

"Place 'X'; oh, what's there?"

"uhh, don't know, I've never been . . ."

My knowledge of the whole Phoenix area is spotty, so I am hoping that if a new place is suggested, the suggestor will either give me some solid guidelines or will join us. n I had suggested places like Jerome and such, but the 'cactus' idea seemed really appealing to him.

I'll ask people here at the office whether they've been there, though, and I really do appreciate the suggestion. I wouldn't have thought of it. Thanks! And the image of the camera was priceless.
    Chris Klug
    -----------

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have several, this one is a lighter one and works well with little wind. It's a basalt gitzo 3 section. the 8x10 is a little close on the weight limit but I use it mainly for the Mamiya. But the Ball head was quite awesome. It's a Kirk BH-1.

This is a hard place to get lost in, check it out on google maps. not a large park by some standards, but loads of places to get images.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=3...,0.280151&z=12

Check it out. Nice place.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Maybe what I'll do is go there this weekend and scout it. Thanks again for your suggestion!
    Chris Klug
    -----------

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin