Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,112   Online: 1022

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

APUGers in Arizona

I will start here since I am not sure where to begin. There are a couple of us in Mesa, Arizona. It seems there ought to be a few more of us in this area or in other parts of the state of Arizona. If so, there is interest in creating our own regional group to promote enrichment and socializing. I have a lot to learn.

I know there are some large format enthusiasts here who could join those who have not moved into that format. I have medium format and 35 mm cameras.

Any interest? Thanks.
    "I, in humility, am willing to learn, when you, in humility, are ready to teach." Rusty Tripod

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good to hear that there are APUG's in the Mesa area. There are a few that show up in the Forums from the Scottsdale and Gilbert areas (Donald Miller and Scott Peters come to mind). I shoot med. format and 4x5, mostly B&W, and process in my own darkroom. I'm kinda far west in the Valley - out in Surprise so I feel a bit distant from other Arizona photographers (I don't know anyone working in analog medium out in my part of the greater Phoenix area). Rod Klukas, at Photomark and Scottsdale C.C., is a real source for ideas regarding photographers and photography - anyway, a regional group sounds good for us APUG's. Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm in North Phoenix and have also been interested in finding out who else is local. I tend to do landscapes & other aesthetic subjects but I am restless and have been wanting to try out some ideas with portraits lately. I shoot 35mm, 6x7, and just recently got a 4x5 from Rod. The ol' darkroom had been dormant for the past year but I cleaned my enlarger 2 weeks ago and am thinking of where I want to put it in my house instead of cluttering the bathroom. I look forward to meeting some other folks from APUG.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for the updates guys. There are two of us over here.(myself and white.elephant)

James, looks like I will be over your way next month as I got selected for jury duty in Surprise. At least it is a way to see new sights. Maybe we can connect while I am there.
    "I, in humility, am willing to learn, when you, in humility, are ready to teach." Rusty Tripod

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_tripod View Post
    Thanks for the updates guys. There are two of us over here.(myself and white.elephant)
    Here's Rusty! Present and accounted for!

I'm up for any get together.
    Chris Klug
    -----------
    My photo life story: http://patternsoflightndark.com/wordpress/

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I am up for a gathering. It would be helpful to find something midway.
    One of us is in East Mesa. I am in central Mesa.
    James is in Surprise. One is in North Phoenix.

Now if we can get the Scottsdale guys to step forward, surely someone will know of a decent location where we could knock off a few shots, then congregate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just thought I should put in a vote for the good "little" city in Arizona, to offset all you northerners.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm in extreme North Scottsdale. I take Rod's class and am a member of Imageworks with Scott Peters.

I have a show up at Photomark until the end of the year... stop by and let me know what you think.
    Photographs by Richard M. Coda
    my blog
    "Speak softly and carry an 8x10."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Chris... I'm from NJ.. I took Klaus Schnitzer's Ellis Island summer workshop back in 1984... He didn't like my work.. and I didn't like his :^)
    Photographs by Richard M. Coda
    my blog
    "Speak softly and carry an 8x10."

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Nice shots Richard. How long is the show up? I reckon the rapid rail does not go near Photomark.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin