Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,565   Posts: 1,545,323   Online: 886

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Havasu City?

Shooter
    35mm
    Really, I hadn't heard. I do know it was a 3 hour hike to get to it, so I assumed it was farther than you wanted to go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This link says that access is out until May. I should add, however, that the designation of the trip as "strenuous" probably puts me out as well. I'm a fat old geezer.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As you are flying into Las Vegas you might try the western Grand Canyon area as part of your drive to or from your time share. Lake Mead at the dam is pretty low due to the drought. There is a lot of construction in the area with the new bridge they are building to get the traffic off the dam. There has been a little more rain than usual this winter and there may be more wildflowers than in past years. There may also be opportunities in Red Rock Canyon on the western edge of Las Vegas if you end up with a little time in the city.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ooooo, ooooo! Can I play? From where you'll be, and knowing you, you might like this http://www.nps.gov/moja/planyourvisi...torcenters.htm The Kelso Depot is a restored train station that serves as the visitor center for the Mojave Preserve. I went last year and it's really fun. Plus you'll drive up through some fabulous wildflowers along the road. I looked it up and it's just over 2 hours from LHC. A little longer than you asked for but it'll be fun.

Along the way, stop at Goffs, CA on the old Rt. 66. Also on the 66 is (as mentioned before) Kingman where you'll see the Rt66 sign up on the town's water tank. Classic! Also, mentioned before is Joshua Tree, though it's a good 2.5 hours before you get into the park. So, if you wanted to spend the day, I'd say you could drive south out of LHC to the Cottonwood entrance into JTree. Take the Pinto Basin Rd north through the park. It's a really nice drive. You drive from the Sonoran (Coloradan) desert into the Mojave. Continue out through the north into Twentynine Palms (very large Marine base) where you can continue up to Amboy on the Rt 66. Head east back to LHC. It's a full day of driving.

We can talk later.
    IBBY!
    Lizz
    "At either end of the social spectrum there lies a leisure class."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin