Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,112   Online: 832

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

unexpected trip to europe....

okay. i ofly to germany....very very small budget. i got a RT NS ticket for $375!

i have a friend in trier near luxomburg. he will only be around a day or two.

what should i do on the REAL cheap? go to that area or head to eastern europe? i will bring my chamonix. i have never been to europe. all will be fun.

my plan is to hitchhike everywhere....i know i know....i am an experienced HH....do not worry. traveled this way in Oz and NZ for 3 years! any campgrounds? i know it is winter.....i will survive.....i have no problem catching some ZZZs in the forest either......

remember it must be cheap. i know germany is more $$ than czech r but let me hear your opinions. march 18-30

thanks for the info.

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Lux is great for photography so is Trier, near by. Good luck getting a ride however, I've not seen that when I lived there at all. Doesnt mean you wont have better luck, you handsome devil, you. (ok, tried to do that without smiling.)

But there are a number of hostels around and they are cheap and have heat as well, I dont have numbers right off but if you need more specific help, let me know.

Where will you be flying in and out of? When are you going? how long will you be there and what are you thinking? oh, did I say that out loud?

Rob
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    BTW, are you taking Mo-mo with you?
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think you will be better off heading south... Go to France... Eastern Europe will be cheaper, but it is still snowing there.... Here, close to Nice we have 20°C now...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    thanks so far.

No. No, mo mo on this one. passport issues.....

i will be going NYC-frankfurt on the 18th to ? hostel ideas would be good. i may stay in the trier area. may not travel too far.....keep the info coming.
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Sorry I missed your call Eddie, call me this evening after 7 your time.

Trier is great as it is over 2000 years old. I lived there for several months. Lots to shoot. People are nice. Better speak a little German. Saarbrucken in close as wel and has some interesting sights but the germans are a little strange there.

Lots of small towns from Trier to lux or back to Koblenz and any of them are good to hang out in for a day. food is pretty good all over but much cheaper if you stop by the grocery store.

I will look up some of the hostels and see what I find.

Catch you later.

And Nice is nice. [but a long way from where you are]
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Frankfurt is verry modern if you like that.
    Lux is beautifull, Köln and Trier are the old cities, there is a nice waterfront I believe.

One warning: the Germans use 9x12 cm film instead of 4x5 inch, so take that with you.

Eastern Europe: be aware of theft of your things.

Have funn !!!!
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know the following page is in Spanish, but you don't need all the info, just click the city and a list of youth hostels will show up with prices, capacity, address and phone number. All have a web link that will bring you to the hostel web site.

http://www.1000albergues.com/

Good luck with the trip, can't wait to see your pictures!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by archphoto View Post
    One warning: the Germans use 9x12 cm film instead of 4x5 inch, so take that with you.
    We used to. Though it is still possible to get 9x12 cm, due to the hegemony of the US 4x5 inch is actually easier to get, if you can find a dealer at all, who sells sheet film.

Eastern Europe: be aware of theft of your things.
    In Western and Central Europe too!

Markus

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Hi eddie.
    Don't use all your money on that auction

Thanks for your mail. I am not ablt to travel to Germany, but you should know, that you would be very welcome to come and visit me (the very top of Denmark).
    As this is a boarding school, I can promise you a room and some to eat (we eat VERY well) for nothing (just have to clear it with the head master).

If not, I'd hurry to Prague!!!
    the most beautiful place I have ever seen - cold or not. Go find the tree Josef Sudek took his beautiful picture of...

Enjoy Europe - it is not as bad as one should think...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin