Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,907   Posts: 1,555,873   Online: 951

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm home. Arrived about 9:30 PM CDT.

My trip to Victoria took about 3 1/2 days. I encountered some snow through the mountains of Montana and Idaho. However it got more intense from Spokane into Seattle. I picked up the enlargers in Victoria on Sat morning and headed back to the states after the ice and snow of Friday night. The trip down past Portland was tough. On Sunday I went through the coast range to Coos Bay and photographed down into Calif. Left Gold Beach Oregon and over to Reno, Nevada (snow again, of course).

When I left Reno it was not only icy and slick but also foggy. I got to Salt Lake that night. Left Salt Lake yesterday morning and drove down through Moab Utah and into Cortez Colo. Stopped and viewed Tom Till's prints at his gallery in Moab. All I can say, if you haven't seen his work...it is worth it. Incredible color images and this is coming from a died in the wool black and white guy. Photographed around Cortez, up and over Wolf Creek Pass and intoAlamosa Colorado last night.

Photographed in the Sand Dunes this morning ( 4 degrees F when I got up) but it warmed nicely. Got some nice stuff up on the dunes. Left about 2 PM and into Wichita. Eleven days on the road--5,200 miles. Now for some sleep.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    [quote="dnmilikan"]Thanks for the guidance that everyone has offered. I hope that I have enough film (175 sheets of 8X10 and another 125 of 4X5)

I wondered how many of those sheets you used and how you coped with yhe exposed film, if you did not develop them during your safari. Welcome back, anyway !.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by "roy

I wondered how many of those sheets you used and how you coped with yhe exposed film, if you did not develop them during your safari. Welcome back, anyway !.
    I have a large number of holders. I guess something above 30 4X5 and 18 8X10. As it was with the amount of hours driving and weather conditions encountered I did not expose nearly all of the film that I took with me. Normally I black off a bathroom in the motel and change film in the holders there. Thanks and I am happy to be home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin