Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,129   Online: 898

Shooter
    Medium Format

Bristle Cone Pine access in White Mountains

Next weekend I will be in Death Valley. I wanted to see the Bristle Cone Pines in the White Mountains. When I call the number 760-873-2500 I get a recording from Feb. 18th stating the access roads are snowed in.

Does anyone have more recent information? I will have 4-Wheel drive if that matters.

TIA

Inayat

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Inayat Noor View Post
    Next weekend I will be in Death Valley. I wanted to see the Bristle Cone Pines in the White Mountains. When I call the number 760-873-2500 I get a recording from Feb. 18th stating the access roads are snowed in.

Does anyone have more recent information? I will have 4-Wheel drive if that matters.

TIA

Inayat
    If the roads are closed, it will not matter that you have a 4-wheel drive vehicle, then the roads are really closed. You will be able to drive though a very narrow slot, which is the edge of the caldera, and to the cut off to the bristle cones. Shortly after that the road will be blocked and you will not be able to go any further. Also check with:
    http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/Hourly

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin