Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,777   Online: 918

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Coming to Barcelona

I'm going to pay a visit to Barcelona in May. I'm planning on bringing large format gear with me (probably whole plate, but maybe 5x7/5x12). Are there any rental darkrooms where I could soup some film, to avoid having to transport lots of unexposed film back and forth? Also, would any of the folks in the Barcelona area want to meet up to go shooting some day?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hmnnn ... I am dithering about going to a music festival in Barcelona at the end of May. My heart say yes but my wallet says no ....

It's a great great city by the way. Dunno if you have been there before but if not you are really in for a treat ....
    I have a photo blog ... and a Flickr ...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have not yet been to Barcelona. All over central and southern Spain (Segovia, Burgos, Salamanca, Toledo, Avila, Granada, Sevilla, Madrid, Cordoba, Malaga) but never to Barcelona. So I want to remedy my deficit.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Hmm, I think that there are photography schools/workshops that have darkrooms here. But I do not know any. There are some labs, but I think it's now what are you searching for. I live so near from it but so far also...
    You'll enjoy the stay. Also, if you are able to go a bit far from the city, there are lots of different types of landscapes around. From beaches to mountains, plains, old volcanoes...
    I'd like to meet you if I could. However I'm too busy and studies are Hard; also I don't have enough independence for going in my own. Now, If you come in 10 years, you could have a local guide. I should be 24/25 then, I should have some independence, and a 4x5" .

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, I expect to be there for about 10 days, maybe a little more, so I would be there over a weekend for certain. I am planning on getting out of town for at least a day or two, up to some of the medieval villages (the names escape me at the moment). What's the name of that great big camera store in Barcelona, the one that still stocks large format supplies? If I recall their website, they actually had a rental darkroom, but I'm not sure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's been a few years but a person was very kind to give me some photo related info on Barcelona that might be of use to you... please keep in mind it's been awhile, but maybe others can confirm what these shops are like now.

www.fotoprix.com

Good for processing and cheap.
    At the start of Pelai Street and near Plaza Universitat

www.casanovafoto.com
    Used to have 120, chemicals and papers at the back of the store, was/is also a second hand camera store located in a nearby apartment. (Also on Pelai)

www.jordibasfoto.com
    more consumer oriented than the other two, but still fine and also has a second hand store on the opposite side of the street. (Also on Pelai)

www.kowasa.com
    Great photo book store.... definitely check them out!

Librería Kowasa, S.L.
    Mallorca , 235, Bajos
    08008 - Barcelona
    (España)
    Tel. +34 93 215 80 58
    Open: 11h. to 14h and 17h. to 20h30

What's on in Barcelona (has exhibitions etc);
    www.bcn.es

Barcelona public transport info;
    www.tmb.net

PS. There was also a store at Provença number 175.... not sure of the name but was aimed at the serious photographer... anyone know the name.... is it still there?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Casanova foto is very centric. Seems like they have some film for LF, just only foma. But I think they don't have a darkroom; For developing, they send film to another lab.
    As far I heard, even on CUFAE no one knows any rental darkroom in Barcelona. A member of them said that his friend could help you in it, seems that he has a darkroom.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The place I was thinking of is ARPI, which is on La Rambla. I'll try to find their website when I get home tonight - at work a lot of things don't make it through the firewall.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Also- anyone have any suggestions of good places to go shopping for antique/vintage images? Any good flea markets or dealers of such that you're aware of?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin