Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,670   Posts: 1,481,777   Online: 1037

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: San Diego

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm there for a trade show, I have about 2 hours to shoot per day with available light, maybe 4 if i wake up at 5 am. No nudes, though it is nice to hear it can be done.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I lived in San Diego for 8 years until 2005. Balboa Park is really nice. I like the conservatory and Japanese Garden (which you have to pay a small fee for), and there are a lot of nice buildings and patios to explore. You just have to keep an eye out for other wandering visitors who might walk into your shot.

How about Black's Beach in Del Mar? The cliffs might make an interesting backdrop. La Jolla Cove is good if you want rocks and waves in the shot. Both are just a short drive from downtown.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by aluk View Post
    On a completely unrelated subject, a friend is in SD for a conference over the weekend and will have some free time. I thought I might ask her to pick up some film and/or chems for me, as it is usually far cheaper in the States than here. Any place still carrying a full range of darkroom supplies that I might direct her to?

Edit: I can not really ask her to head up to Freestyle, unfortunately
    I live in the San Diego area, and have found Calumet in Escondido an unreliable source for darkroom and film supplies. Nelson's has a much better inventory in that respect, and is much closer to the Convention Center, downtown, and the airport.

John Clark
    www.johndclark.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin