Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,913   Posts: 1,584,694   Online: 678

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I live on an island 26 miles E - W and 16 miles N - S. Everywhere is local to me!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, according to my friends, the arbour which leads from my backyard to the beach is long past its "best before" date.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    LONDON......

I work here 9-5 every weekday and have done so for the past 10 years. I find what's going on in London very interesting but, aside from St Paul's Cathedral, the Swiss Re tower (The Gherkin), St. pancras Station, Tower of London and the Lloyd's building, I find most of the local architecture pretty boring.

I suppose a lot of it's a result of what was flattened during WW2 being replaced with quick-to-build, utlitarian, corporate buildings. Big and grandiose as they may be, I can't say I find them attractive or worth wasting film / pixels on.
    Paul Jenkin (a late developer...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've lived in or near Philadelphia all my life, yet I find I have very few pictures of icons like Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, Betsy Ross house and City Hall. I think when they've been part of the scenery since you were born, they just don't stand out. What has changed this a bit is having had several recent occasions to play host to people who've never been here and seeing the familiar in a new light.

Now I've even photographed the Art Museum steps made famous in "Rocky!"

DaveT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't shot the Space Needle for a long time! Better go do it!

Seattle. Where else?

Dug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FirePhoto View Post
    A windmill that was disassembled in the Netherlands in the 1960's, shipped across the Atlantic, and rebuilt here in Holland, Michigan. The bricks still supposedly show the scars of being strafed by fighters in WWII.
    Do they still poison all the carp in the body of water next to the windmill right before the tulip festival? I remember visiting the windmill as a child, but all I can recall is the sight (and smell!) of the carp.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dealey Plaza and the Book Depository (now known as the Sixth Floor Museum)

Rick

Shooter
    35mm
    Around here, any of the major federal buildings (Capitol, White House) or the monuments (Washington, Jefferson, etc.).
    "Unequalled in the quality and scope of its lenses . . . the performance of its shutter . . . the perfection of its film system . . . the adaptability contributed by its interchangeable backs . . . the efficiency of its coupled range finder . . . the convenience and precision of its variable-power view finder, the Ektra can produce finer results, throughout a wider range, than any other existing camera."
    --Eastman Kodak prospectus for Ektra, 1940

My Photoblog

My Flickr stream

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin