Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,550   Posts: 1,573,049   Online: 820

Shooter
    4x5 Format

cape cod & maine coast

Greetings all,

I'm going to be going to the Brewster, Ma., area in
    a few weeks. While I'll be mainly attending a conference,
    I plan on escaping for an afternoon or two to do some
    shooting.

Any suggestions for old buildings, docks, etc. or maybe
    some interesting salt marshes?

From there I'm going to head up to Maine for a couple of
    days. The primary site for photographing up there is
    Pemaquid point at low tide.

Any suggested for shooting areas en route would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Terry
    www.terryhayden.com

Shooter
    35mm

Acadia

Hi Terry

Acadia is just 2 hours further up the coast. And I would recommend Schoodic Point and Winter Harbor area. It is away from the Tourist areas on MDI but still has great ocean access.

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think Ron means that Acadia is just a couple of hours from Pemaquid, not from Brewster.
    In and around Brewster, there will be plenty of things to aim a camera at. You might want to go further out the Cape to the National Seashore. There are lighthouses, dunes, all sorts of birds, marshes, etc..
    There are a few Cape residents who check in here, so they probably have more specific places to check out. Provincetown is a great place for sightseeing. I'm also partial to Falmouth and Woods Hole (closer to the mainland).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bass hole, on the bay in Yarmouth is nice (remember the B, now...), Rock Harbor in Orleans used to be great- I haven't been there in years. Bodfish Park, in Sandwich, looks interesting for marshes. And getting out past Eastham is always nice. Maybe Drew B. will chime in, it's his turf.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm about 8 miles from the point and lighthouse...it's a lovely and photogenic place, but be prepared for lots of tourists...however, I've been there when crowded, and I've usually managed some tight shots, detail shots, and island views... also, when taking Rt 130 to the point you will see Rt 32 beginning at New Harbor (approx 5 miles from the lighthouse)--take Rt 32 for 3/4 mile to Shaw's Wharf and restaurant for a great photo vantage point over the small but very scenic lobster boat harbor (parking will be tight)...if you need more sites, or need tourist-free shore spots and ocean, contact me via email through APUG when you get here...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin