Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,822   Online: 842

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by skyrick View Post
    Stop at the excellent Rancho de Chimayo for lunch.
    I love eating there, too. But is it open yet after their fire?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    ...and if you are up there, I'd hit Mesa Verde as well, rather than Taos.

As for film, you might want a color film in addition to Velvia, but that is up to you. If it has to be Velvia, perhaps the think about the 100F, as it more easily captures a high-contrast range.
    Problem is, Mesa Verde is too far for the given amount of time.

Really wish I could go there. Maybe another trip.

How would you say Velvia 50 renders such a situation. I've already purchased my film. Any suggestions as to shooting this film in such locations?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkroom317 View Post
    Problem is, Mesa Verde is too far for the given amount of time.

How would you say Velvia 50 renders such a situation. I've already purchased my film. Any suggestions as to shooting this film in such locations?
    We still don't know what part of northern NM you will be in, so Shiprock came up. Mesa Verde is very close if you are in Shiprock, is what I said in response to the person who suggested it.

As for Velvia, it depends on the light. If it is contrasty light, and you expose for the lighter areas, you sacrifice detail in the darker areas. You can overexpose and pull process to lower contrast. I know from experience that this works very well with 100F. It should work with 50 as well, though I cannot say from experience.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    We still don't know what part of northern NM you will be in, so Shiprock came up. Mesa Verde is very close if you are in Shiprock, is what I said in response to the person who suggested it.
    Sorry about that. The area I am currently looking at is from Cimarron to Cuba and as south as Santa Fe.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nocrop View Post
    I love eating there, too. But is it open yet after their fire?
    Supposed to re-open in July. They're advertising in NM magazine.

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Personally I think your trying tom place the chicken befire the Egg

New Mexico is very varied, you should just go to the places you think are most interesting, the photographs are secondary. Then if the area sparks something creative youn start shootiong.

Unless I've been to an area before I don't go with pre-conceived ideas it doesn't work. Just go, walk, OK it's the US so drive slowly, see what floats yer boat

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin