Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,625   Online: 1054

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

China: Beijing and Yunnan province

Well, the itch is back and I'm soon headed back to China. I'll be arriving in Beijing where the plan is to spend a few days; following that, we'll be travelling to Yunnan where the plans are open.

I visited Lijiang back in 2002, and have very fond memories of it. My friend and I have both mentioned the rice terraced mountains and fields in Yuanyang.

Does anyone have any recommendations for other places to see in that rich, amazing province? I'm shooting B&W mostly, with some colour...medium-format and 35mm respectively.
    I'm most interested in people but am open in terms of photographic pursuits.

We will be travelling from the first of August for about 3 weeks. And my friend is Chinese and speaks the language.

Thanks/xie-xie!
    Colin

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I went there with an ex-girlfriend several years ago. Lijiang and Dali (sp?) were both great. The stone forest is also worth seeing. We took a bus out there - it was a day trip with lunch included. I spent most of the time in Kunming since that's where she grew up and where her grandparents lived so I don't have many more suggestions.

Have fun!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin