Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,252   Online: 1008

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Paraguay in July

Hey folks;

On Monday, July 6, I am leaving for a two-week trip to Brazil and Paraguay. Our itinerary is pretty much set, including stays in Sao Paulo, Asuncion, Iguazu Falls, Filadelfia in the Chaco district... and a six-hour stopover in Buenos Aires. I will not be driving and will have to stick to my itinerary in terms of travel, but I am open to photographic opportunities along the way. I am also interested in any advice or cautions about travelling in that area at this time of year. I speak no Portugese and only a little Spanish, though my reading skills are somewhat better.

I welcome any input.

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Alessandro Lemser
    Hi,
    I live in south Brazil and I think you will like to be here.
    Sao Paulo is a great city. Another kind city in the same state is Sao Sebastiao. If you have an opportunity, also visit Ouro Preto in Minas Gerais State (search google for more details). Brazil have some violence focus in Rio and Sao Paulo, but nothing more than other countries... but, like any place that you don't know, be careful always.

I never travel to Paraguay but many people go there to buy gadgets and electronics. Personally, I did not recommend you to go there. Countries like Chile and Argentina is more enjoyable. Chile has the Atacama Desert which I recommend you a lot. In Argentina, Buenos Aires is Unforgettable... like Ushuaia (The end of the world).

Hope that this informations helps you...

good trip
    Alessandro
    Last edited by Alessandro Lemser; 07-03-2009 at 01:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you, Alessandro. I am really looking forward to our stay in Sao Paulo. We are conscious of our overall saftey and will not stray from the areas deemed as safe. Our hotel is in the Jardin district, which appears close to the cultural centre of the city. As for Paraguay, we are attending a conference there in Asuncion with some ativites in Filadelfia. It may not be sexy, but I will have to find what opportunities I may along the way.

Thanks again. I appreciate your taking the time to share your knowledge of this area.

Cheers,

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, we're off in a few moments. I'm packing my N80, GS-1 and I think I threw my XA2 in one of the bags. My Rolleiflex is staying at home safe on the shelf. I have enough film, I hope. Nothing left to do but get on the plane and start lookinmg for places to shoot.

Adios!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier - I didn't see your entire itinerary so I didn't know where you were going other than Paraguay. Iguazu is absolutely unforgettable. You will have a wonderful time there, and you'll be able to burn through a LOT of film. When you go to the Garganta Del Diablo (depending on which side of the falls you visit, Brazilian or Argentinian), you will need to bring some kind of weather protection for your camera, as the falls throw up a mist cloud some 300 feet in the air (this is more an issue from the Argentine side, as you can't approach the Garganta as closely from the Brazilian side, but you'll get a more panoramic view of the falls from Brazil). If you have the time and the opportunity, visit from both sides.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin