Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,576   Online: 1189

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sly,

Just outside of Norfolk, the beach at Benacre in Suffolk is worth visiting, with plently of photographic opportunities.

Tom.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If you are in Lüneburg you have quite a pictorial city... if you want a landscape go east from Lüneburg. There is a natural reserve named "Elbufer-Drawehn" and a huge forest named "Göhrde". Could be a nice view in October.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...79785&t=h&z=10

And, of course, you must see either Hamburg, Hamburg or Hamburg... :-)

My recommendation: see Hamburg.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The North Yorkshire Dales are nice in Sept/Oct - http://www.yorkshiredales.org.uk/index.htm

Not as busy as the Lakes but with endless photographic possibilities

Swaledale is my favorite - from Reeth up to Keld

Have fun

Martin

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    We will take the ferry across to The Netherlands and drive into Germany.
    Just passing through The Netherlands? What? And miss the opportunity to meet with a fellow Postcard Exchanger?

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually I was just thinking of expanding this thread to include the Netherlands. We wouldn't have much time to spend there, but we should see something more of the country than you can see from the motorways - never the best of anywhere.
    We'll be entering and leaving by the Hook of Holland. If you're in the south, I amagine we will be passing close to you - love to meet a fellow APUGer.
    We have done this once before and and spent a couple of days in the Netherlands. On our way back in October we had to sleep in a truck stop because the campground we'd stayed in before was closed for the season. It was very noisy and bright at the truck stop - not a good place for shuteye. Any assistance to find a better spot in the off season would be great.

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Actually I was just thinking of expanding this thread to include the Netherlands. We wouldn't have much time to spend there, but we should see something more of the country than you can see from the motorways - never the best of anywhere.
    We'll be entering and leaving by the Hook of Holland. If you're in the south, I amagine we will be passing close to you - love to meet a fellow APUGer.
    We have done this once before and and spent a couple of days in the Netherlands. On our way back in October we had to sleep in a truck stop because the campground we'd stayed in before was closed for the season. It was very noisy and bright at the truck stop - not a good place for shuteye. Any assistance to find a better spot in the off season would be great.
    Sly, let's keep in touch. I'm not that familiar with camping in my own country, but I'd be happy to investigate the possibilities for you.

If you have an itinerary, or just some general questions, I'm just a PM away.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin